Cabin Fever!!!!

Oh god, I want OUT OF MY HOUSE!
I don’t drive, as many of you know. No, I’m not a loser, just never got around to getting my license. I’m not hard to entertain-set me down in a big ass room full of history books and I’m happy as a clam. Yes, I have the Internet…but…
I WANT OUT!!!

The roads are bad, and I can’t go anywhere. I want to go to the Carnegie library in the worst possible way. I want more books-I have some on order, but they aren’t here yet. I’m re-reading three V.C. Andrews books at the minute and posting on the SDMB and at SAAN. I’m waiting for my next installment to come from the Franklin Mint for my Titanic Portrait Doll-it’s taking facking forever! I have a headache from staring at the computer for a while, and shortly, I think I’ll go and take a nap.

I want to go back to school. I want to see my professors, and get into my classes-great ones:
Contemporary Central America
The Middle Ages
History of the British Empire
Elementary Russian Language and Culture 1

I want to debate in my classes. I want to go to the library and look up obscure European royalty from the past two centuries.
In short:
I’M BORED!!!

[slight hijack]

If you want some GREAT books to read, and you get a chance to get them, try The Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. I’ve mentioned them on the boards before, but here they are again:
The Skystone
The Singing Sword
Eagles’ Brood
The Saxon Shore
The Fort at River’s Bend
Metamorphosis: The Sorcerer

Do not be misled by the titles. They’re not fantasy (As I thought when I picked up the second one in an airport), they’re historical fiction which chronicles the birth of the Colony which would become Camelot, sired by two great thinkers who turn out to be King Arthur’s great-grandparents.
It’s told from a completely historical perspective, with all of the magic taken out. Brilliantly written, very informative about the culture of Britain in the late 4th century when the Romans left, and it totally ruined me for Merlin (he’s no longer a sorcerer in my eyes, just a brilliant General and then some).

If you haven’t already read them, I’d suggest it. If you can’t get out of the house, e-mail me your address and I’ll Fed-Ex them to you if you promise to return them.

Go outside and yell, “Can anyone drive me somewhere?!” See what happens :smiley:

Why are you home? Are you recovering from an injury? Do you work from home? Taking care of kids?

College student, on winter break. No where to go, don’t really know too many people…I’m kind of shy.

I feel a bit better after my nap…sigh
I just want to get back to school.

With an eye to the two above interests, and from one history buff to another, may I recommend Thomas Costain’s four books on the Norman/Plantagenet era?

The Conquering Family
The Magnificent Century
The Three Edwards
The Last Plantagenets (my favorite of them)

Should be available at the library.

You can come over here, I’ll keep you warm. :maniacal grin:

–Tim