Well, I finally committed and purchased a new PC to play Call of Duty Ghost that my wife bought me for Christmas. Everything is going well, I installed the game, downloaded the updated from Stream and was playing merrily away when the stupid power went out. The unexpected shutdown somehow corrupted Windows and I was forced (after trying everything) to re-install Windows (no, the computer wouldn’t do a restore), which meant I had to re-install COD.
Normally this wouldn’t be a problem except we live out in the middle of nowhere and rely solely on cellular for or internet connection. Between the first Stream update and half of the second I exceeded my 2.5 gigs of 4g data and now I’m throttled for the rest of the month. Problem is Stream was only updated 63% when this happened. I now have spent the last 13 hours attempting to download the remaining 37% and as of now I’m only up to 79%. Argggggggggggg. Argggggggggggg. Argggggggggggg. I love living in the “country” and wouldn’t change it for anything, but this if one of the drawbacks.
So, my question is twofold, #1: Is there any way to download this Steam/COD update on my tablet from a free wifi spot (ie: McDonalds etc…) and then transfer it via SD card to my desktop? #2: When did buying and playing a game become such a pain in the ass? Why the hell do I need Steam and why the hell do I have to update the game. For Christ Sake’s, it came on four CDs, why can’t I jist install it and play it? And for the love of all that is Holy why the hell am I required to have an internet connection to play a single player game on my own friggin computer? Fark game companies and fark them hard. This is madness.madness.
Something tells me the reason for all of this is the asshats of this world who insist on pirating. A few bad apples and we all suffer. Thanks twatwaffles. (sorry, I’m very frustrated)