Calling all sleuths

[QUOTE=Blake]
And most businesses that run large fleets these days use GPS to track driver movements. But that’s expensive and a freakin’ great GPS unit will probably be noticed by a keen eyed driver.
[/QUOTE]

Nope. I used to work for a company that sold them for fleet use and we had units about the size of a pack of cigarettes and the antenna was the size of a pack of matches.

There’s a couple of fairly cheap ideas in the Evil Genius books.

[QUOTE=justwannano]
I want to independently track a vehicle using electronics.
Its a low cost do it yourself project.
The subject cannot know they are being tracked.
We are only talking about a radius of a few miles here.
I need to secretly install and uninstall the device.

So how about it guys? Where can I purchase such a device?
[/QUOTE]

http://www.covert-gps-vehicle-tracking-systems.com/
It’s not that big a deal.

You guys just don’t have any imagination.
One of the simplest is using a straight pin to key the CB radio so you can find the vehicle using a signal strength meter.