Can a G. Dane have a Chihuahua's pups?

I know someone who had some pekingese + great dane pups.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://fathom.org/opalcat
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

Sped, you moron, of course dogs and cats can’t breed. You could screw a sheep if you wanted, but do you think any offspring would result? The examples of different species interbreeding that Coosa gave are all animals that are very close relatives, and I bet in most of those cases, like in a horse/donkey mating, the offspring comes out sterile. As for the Great Dane mating with a Chihuahua, they’re the same species…as someone said before, to make it possible you’re going to have to put the Chihuahua up to it. Great line, by the way. Congrats to whoever thought that one up. I bet the puppies would look really dumb, though.

Sped, I apologize. My insult was out of line.

If you want to see something really weird - the new thing around here is something we’ve been calling a ‘Chiweenie’ (although I guess you could try ‘Dachuahua’ if you prefer) - a cross between a Chihuahua and a Dachsund. Picture the Taco Bell dog with short legs, long nose, and loooong body.

sosumi

I’ve known 2 “Dobradors” (Doberman/Labrador).
They were both fine animals. I wonder how one goes about standardizing a breed like that?

Last Summer, I saw someone walking an extremely silly-looking dog: it had the head of a Collie, on the body of a Dachshund. The two color schemes met exactly at its collar line. It looked like some mad scientist’s creation, or something out of Mars Attacks.

Cats and dogs cannot breed because the two are in separate animal families. So, there is no way the two could mate and have offspring. Even if they were from the same family, offspring from different genera are not common either. Although in plants there is one common example: Fatshedera lisei which is a cross between ivy (Hedera helix), and Japanese Aralia (Fatsia japonica). Though, both come from the Aralia family =).