Can anyone help me make my DVD plaer multi-region.

Before I start, I e-mailed DrMatrix and he said it was ok to post this as I do not beleive it is illegal.

I have a DVD player which has the capability to play region 1 and region 2 DVDs (I moved to the US from the UK and brought over some region 2 DVDs). When I got the player about 6 months ago, I got some instructions about how to make it multi-region by doing some things on the remote. As far as I understand it, this is not illegal but it is complicated. It does not involve changing the machine (like when a machine is “chipped”) but just pressing lots of buttons in a certain order when in a specific screen.

The machine in question is a Yamakawa 219. I have seen some thing about other Yamakawa products, but none of them seem to work on my player.

Can anyone help me?

Hi, RickQ, how’s it goin’?

Check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ for details on DVD players and their compatibility. Here is their search on “Yamakawa” as a maker name. The 219 does not seem to be listed. Perhaps some of the region-code-defeating methods for other models would work?

Sunspace, owner of a JVC XV-S502SL, possibly the only DVD player in the universe without a region-code defeat…