Can anyone ID this Muppet sketch?

They have hands?! Since when?! :eek:

Does doper Mahna Mahna know this?

Manah Manah as performed on The Ed Sullivan Show

Heh… you can imagine my frustration at trying to Google it (why didn’t I think to ask earlier?).

I too forgot everything other than the Muppets in that sketch.

…now, can anyone find the pre-muppets “Golden An” sketch? As in something like “I"m Dan, with a Van, looking to steal the Golden An” … or something like that.

Ohhhh yeah… “take the golden an in the tan van and give it to Dan who takes it to Fran”
(PS … don’t tell anyone of the plan!)
:slight_smile:

Is this it?

(I guess you already found it.)

So I’m watching the Bernadette Peters episode. I didn’t have a teen crush on her when the show was aired, but she was sure cute. It’s hard to believe she’ll be 60 next month.

GuanoLad, you’re my hero. Thanks! :smiley:

Dopers rock! :slight_smile:

I think “Pre-Muppet Show” would be a better adjective. Sesame Street predates The Muppet Show, but it does not predate Muppets, as Jim Henson referred to his puppets as “Muppets” pretty much from the beginning.

I’m wondering if they appeared again in another short sketch, just doing the alternate noises.

The Muppet Wiki, which is your source for everything Muppet-related, has a whole page about Koozebane. The DeLuise aliens, called Merdlidops, only appeared once on The Muppet Show, but other Koozebanians appeared on the show as well. Probably the most famous of these sketches is Kermit covering the Koozebanian mating ritual.

Again, the Wiki gives the answer- the tenth episode of the fifth season, featuring Jean-Pierre Rampal.