Can I be the only person stunned at just how badly President Joe Biden is doing?

Depends on what you mean by “critics of Biden”. If they support treason, in other words support the politicians who refused to act against or even supported a coup attempt, their opinion on Biden is not necessarily wrong but should not be listened to. Either to support or reflexively oppose. They don’t have a right to be heard as if their opinion matters if they support the violent overthrow of the government of America.

Anyway Joe Biden is a professional politician, and a good one. He surrounds himself with advisors that help him shape policy and craft policy statements because that’s what good politicians do.

Good politicians actually think before they speak, they don’t treat us to an unfiltered stream of consciousness that’s a senseless mash-up of right wing conspiracy theories and call it public policy.

Good politicians have staff that help them manage their time by not giving a steady stream of crazy people access to the President. Having advisors that you listen to is not a sign of weakness, it’s smart.

Anyway, you are ridiculous- it laughable how right-wingers have nothing so they’ve resorted to the dubious and surreal tactic of shouting out completely innocuous statements and pretending outrage.
“Joe Biden has a home office in his basement!”
“Joe Biden’s wife has a doctorate in education!”
“Joe Biden’s son introduced some friends to his father!”

It’s pathetic. Do yourself a favor and never watch Fox News again. Don’t watch OANN or NewsMax or right-wing podcasts. It’s worse than heroin, it’s literally destroying your brain. Since the anniversary of 9/11 is approaching, there should be no shortage of clips of Rudy “a noun, a verb, 9/11” Guiliani 20 years ago. Watch those clips, then look at the drooling drunken incontinent lunatic that he’s become.
So if you don’t want to find yourself standing on a street corner, wetting yourself during spittle-launching rage fits about George Soros, as your Covid laced fecal aerosols make you a international punch line……turn off your TV. Throw away your computer and phone while you’re at it.

Sone people, people like you, just don’t have the mental capacity to deal with the kind of information these devices deliver, and allowing people like you to access them is like putting guns and sharp swords into the hands of young children. So go away.

ETA- it looks like this poster has been disappeared while I was writing this. Good.

Sorry all, I verified. Policy is to cornfield the Sock’s posts and the replies to said.

I did edit Ann’s post to remove the reply. @Ann_Hedonia, you might want to remove the first paragraph. But your call.

Done. No fun burning someone that’s not around to feel it.

Very cool and thank you.

Sure, nutballs should be ignored, but there are nutballs on any topic.
We should be able to just discuss a topic without being baited by extremist (and ignorant) views into having to ourselves take a black-and-white position.

Since I’m late to the party :frowning_face: can I get the gist of what the sock said. Even without it @Ann_Hedonia’s post is once again, magnificent.

Best not as it would pretty much violate the DNFTT concept and there wasn’t too much to it anyway.

Might want to clarify that you weren’t answering me; as right now that’s what it looks like.

They agreed with the OP. There was some other stuff but you didn’t miss anything beyond generic trollery.

I reject your analogy. Making batteries is not the same as making a nation.

If someone says “Here’s where we want the house; here’s the bricks and mortar I want you to make it with,” but the site is a swamp, there aren’t enough bricks, and the mortar isn’t mixed right, are you going to blame the guy who said we shouldn’t build the house in the first place?

BigT covered the rest of what I would say here in his response; I don’t see the need to pile on.

IMO @Ann_Hedonia is one of, if not the most, coherent thinker(s) on the SDMB. Thank you.

Sorry about that, I was attempting to reply to the OP, who was nuked while I was composing my reply, which made everything weird.

The first few lines of my original post were a fine piece of snark directed at the OP….but I edited it out after conferring with moderation - that’s what I was referring to.

Oh yeah, I understood that – I was just thinking of somebody else possibly coming into the thread late and not understanding it.

It’s too late to edit that post again; but this bit of discussion we’ve just had should serve as clarification.

Seconded.

The OP, or the cornfielded sock?

Oh, sorry again, the cornfielded sock. I forgot she didn’t start it.

But I think it applies to the OP as well.

I at no point mentioned nation-building and that is not part of my criticism at all.

Your analogy is actually exactly the same as mine.
Because Biden said we shouldn’t be in Afghanistan; good, that’s right. That’s equivalent to saying we shouldn’t build on the swamp.

But then what happened? Bearing in mind that I *wasn’t* talking about nation building so not as impossible task as you’re framing it. Did he point out the errors being made over the 8 years?

Yeah, I was wondering what it was you said…didn’t sound like you at all!

Thanks! I do hope I’ve got a better reputation around here than one that would expect responses like that!

Every job I’ve ever had, the planning stages are when you give your opinion, point out problems, suggest alternatives. If after all that the boss still wants to build in a swamp, then you get on board and make building in a swamp work as best as you can.

If you think it is a really, really bad idea (and or illegal), you of course have the option of quitting. Biden didn’t, so hopefully he did his best to make a bad plan work.