Can I make menthol cigarettes?

I’ve got plain loose leaf tobacco, cigarette rolling papers, filters, and menthol crystals. Am I all set to make my own menthol cigarettes? If so, how do I go about doing it? Do I just crush the menthol into powder and sprinkle it over the tobacco, or do I have to make some sort of menthol solution and soak the tobacco in it? How much menthol do I need per cigarette (or per hundred cigarettes, if that makes it easier to calculate)?

Leaving a regular cig in a pack of menthols will cause it to taste very much like a menthol cig in a few hours. I don’t know how to make them from “scratch”, though.

I don’t know if it would work with cigarette tobacco and menthol, but a friend of mine used to flavour his cigars with vanilla this way:

You don’t need to sprinkle anything. Put the tobacco and the menthol crystals in a sealed container like Tupperware, but keep them separate in the container. Let it sit for a few days. The menthol fumes with impregnate the tobacco. Maybe with loose cigarette tobacco, it could be a shorter period of time–like I said, I only know about this for cigars and flavourings like vanilla. Then, you should be all set.

Or, you can do what my girlfriend does and just buy mentholated loose tobacco. Kite and Top come to mind as to brands.

Check out your local tobacco shop and ask around, they’ll have some somewhere.

Well, actually I don’t smoke and so I have no interest in purchasing mentholated tobacco or cigarettes. I just want to know if it’s possible to make menthol cigarettes from scratch instead of buying them ready-made.