Can I re-train my cats?

I was going to suggest this. It worked a treat for me when I had to re-educate a cat or two.

Mine too, but Bern is getting on the high side of elderly and can’t eat the crunchy stuff so well. When she does she will go sit by the bowl, meow plaintively, look around to see if anyone is buying into woe-is-me tale, and then cautiously eat a few bites.

Then again, it could just be a ploy and unbeknownst to me she is mowing down like a heifer at night.

I have a 25-pounder who should be a 20-pounder and his entire life has been one of diets. He’s ALWAYS hungry. He mows me down trying to beat me to the kitchen when he knows I’m headed that way. He starts pestering me about ½ before every feeding time. This included hooking his claw into my lip when he’s ready for breakfast and I have the audacity to want to sleep more.

I also have a career which necessitates altering their feeding time from time to time.

It takes several days but they adjust. Just stick it out. It will be very irritating while they’re adjusting, but they will.

I thought you meant you get your own foot wet or sweaty and do something with the cats that they liked but I wasn’t sure I wanted to know.

Oh, and Licentious Ectomorph? I hate cats. velvetjones should just get rid of them. :stuck_out_tongue: (I don’t really hate cats, but I am allergic to them.)

Cats… The other white meat. :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

I highly recommend the squirt in the face. My parents had the same problem with my old cat when she was a kitten. One morning my mom quickly opened the door and squirted her in the face, sending her flying across the hallway and riccocheting down the stairs. It’ll probably only take one time for Elvin to get the hint.

Update

Last night I had a gig 100 miles or so away from home. We departed at 4:30 p.m. and didn’t arrive home until 3:30 am. Exhausted, I decided the little fuckr…ahem…little darlings could wait for their food. (the gig was great btw. the club owner loves us. Too bad about the 2 hour commute)

Elvin started the dance of the bedroom doors at around 6:00. At 6:28 I finally had enough and got up. Caught him by the tail as he tried to haul ass to the living room. You know there’s nothing like trying to chase a hungry cat down in the dark on 3 hours of sleep.

He went into exile until we got up at around 10:30. I fed the girls and let Elvin have the leftovers when they were finished licking up the gravy (it’s the strangest thing, they don’t eat the chunks, just lick the gravy, cats are so wierd)

This morning I filled the squirt bottle with water and adjusted it to maximum throw. I can get about an 8 foot stream of water. That should be sufficient.

Elvin, unfortunately is completely unafraid of loud noises. What will make the other two cats run in terror just has him sitting there looking confused like “what was that”. I’ve thought about throwing something at the door but it would have to be big like a shoe or my husband ( just kidding dear :smiley: ) I don’t think my aim is good enough to avoid destroying things so I’ve avoided that option.

We’re going on vacation tomorrow. One whole blissful cat free week. So, I’ll update tomorrow then I guess I’ll have to resume my experiment next week.

Akira5822 Recipes, I need recipes… :wink: