Can older people rock the short trousers look?

“Did you ever feel as if the whole world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?”

–George Gobel

There are two answers:

1. I can’t see you, so I’m disqualified from answering.

2. Wear what you want.

When I was growing up, pants were belted at the waist and covered the ankles. Actually they had cuffs that only caught dirt. So I developed a real waste and still belt there and if you don’t like it too bad. And they still cover my ankles. I feel comfortable that way and see no reason to change. The oddest look, to me eyes, is that of a big belly with the belt underneath. What keeps them up? Only the gravity of the situation is they were to fall.

Flood Pants? :confused:

Nobody can rock those trousers. Mid-calf with no socks or no-show socks is terrible.
And if like me you’re fast approaching 50 or you’ve already crossed the mid-century line, it looks even worse.

I’m not thinking he means mid-calf. I understand the look to be trousers that are hemmed shorter by a couple of inches or cuffed a bit shorter. No socks, and loafers or casual shoes, not tennis/sports shoes. I think.

Being in Arizona we get a lot of “Winter Visitors” and both sexes sport shorts in public all winter long. I think it’s so they can brag to their friends back home.

Living here, I wear long trousers all year long.

In the office next to my shop is the local sports radio station. It is mostly young-ish ex-sportsy guys who have now got a bit of paunch. They all wear that style and it just looks like they are wearing their little brother’s clothes.

Thanks guys for participating in my pretty dumb thread.

I wear this kind of look now and I like it; I get hot quite easy and the short socks and trousers make a noticeable difference to my comfort.
Fashion-wise…I dunno, I’m fashion-illiterate.

I actually dared to wear this look to a wedding recently (but as part of a full suit obviously) and was a little self-conscious. But I was “helped” by the fact that some guys didn’t even bother to wear a shirt…

The pants have to be slim fitted for this style to work.

If you are worried about being cool you are most definitely not cool

Wear what you want and forget about what anyone else thinks.

Boom