Can PedophilesBe "Cured"?

The difference is likely due to the study including offenses against post-adolescents.

It is a study on sex offenders. Not pedophiles specifically. So it probably includes, for example, 18 year old guys who had sex with their 16 year old girlfriends. Since these people are much less likely to reoffend than pedophiles, the stats are skewed so that those who target females are less likely to reoffend.
I suspect that if you only included actual pedophiles in the statistics, the difference would pretty much vanish.

I don’t understand why pedophiles should be handled in a completely different way than other offenders. I’m refering to the proposal made of sending them to some place where they could have a decent life but no access to potential victims.

I mean, why should this apply to a sex offender (especially since this include an extremely broad range of behaviors) and not to, say, a murderer? It’s not like people, on the overall, are thrilled by the prospect of having a murderer living in the next house…

Or, for that matter…a “regular” rapist? Why not just send rapists to special male-only colonies, then?