Can we bring back tall boots for men?

Try equestrian - Mountain Horse for example. I am wearing mine (knee high under my jeans) because they give the best support for my poor healing broken foot. Wouldn’t mind wearing them out, but unless I was on horseback or was a motorcycle cop, I don’t think they would be appropriate.

Ooooooo, fancy! I might suggest those to him, though they might not be in his budget.

Cobbler-in-training checking in - we can fix that. Hie yourself to a decent shoe repair place. We can either stretch the leather uppers to fit your calves, or insert elastic as circumstances dictate.

Rock some Dubarry country boot knockoffs. (I got a pair of Wyre Valley boots off eBay.) Classy, comfortable, warm and dry. Oh, and sexy. : - )

That’s a living?

Depends on your definition of “cute” and how much you are willing to spend, but I recently discovered that equestrian boots that are meant for actual horseback riding can be ordered in various calf widths. Here are a few from a catalog a friend of mine gave me. I mean I don’t have wide calves by any means (apparently 15" on the leg that isn’t still atrophied from a long-ago accident and surgery), but apparently lots of boots are cut smaller than that. It was really annoying to find that out.

You could go to Tibet and pick up some nomad boots like this guyor this guy.

Are these tall enough for you? :smiley:

I actually have a pair of these, but from Aero Leather or someplace. Comfortable and cozy, but they have leather soles so they can be treacherous in ice and snow. I don’t tuck my trousers into them.

That would be sexy on a man.

How could you wear knee-high boots without tucking your jeans into them? Mine are wide around the calf and look really stupid if I don’t wear over my jeans, which are all slim.

Or you could get some cool Japanese rice straw winter boots.

Last winter I ordered a couple pairs of boots from Duo in the UK. You order by shoe size AND calf size in cm. It was a truly awesome experience right up until they arrived and I paid the cost of the boots again in import taxes. :frowning: So these two pairs will have to suffice until I am either independantly wealthy or travel there to pick up new ones myself.

I picked up a pair of these boots oneBay last year for $40. Very weatherproof.

Wait, you’re a cobbler-in-training now? Man, you just keep getting cooler and cooler, Broomie! :smiley:

I’d totally forgotten about this thread. My broke self did manage to solve this problem last winter: I bought boots two sizes up and put two shoe inserts in each one so my feet wouldn’t rattle in the too big toebox! Not an ideal solution, to be sure, but it put some adorable trendy boots on my feet (and calves) for under $50!

Yeah it isn’t even a Nazi thing actually it dates back to ancient time and the medieval times. The Byzantines(Eastern Romans) also wore the boots but in different colors and they have knee high and thigh high boots. If it’s truly a Nazi thing I’m pretty sure clothing stores wouldn’t even sell it to both men and women or they wouldn’t sell it exclusively to women. I know you will never see this since this is a late reply but there ya go.

These were the ones I was talking about:

A few years ago I went to a Renaissance festival. I stopped by an area that was showing some kind of “game” men were playing on horseback. The guys had tall leather boots with straps and buckles…very sexy :drooling_face:

Tall boots always work with a kilt.

Cite

Granted, you might have to deal with some up-draft issues in the winter, but those are are the sacrifices one must endure for fashion.

I don’t want to try to stuff my pants into boots. Now gaiters work wonderfully. Much more practical.

I’m doing my part re wearing a hat. But it isn’t fashion. It’s practical. It’s a Tilley. Keeps the sun and snow and rain off of you.

If capes came back to the point that I wasn’t looking like some sort of wanna be Dracula, I’d go that route. I’d give it a shot anyway.

But then, I’m 62 years old, I don’t really care what people think. I’ve a good friend that sometimes wears a cape. She looks very cool in it.

I love that I’m part of a subculture where tall boots, capes, tights for men are all just hunky dory. All 3 together, even.

Err, but a lot of the rest of them do look like wannabe Draculas…

Yeah it works with a lot of things. I love wearing a pair of tall black leather boots it feels good and it’s stylish. I love the reaction that people get when I wear tall black boots with a skirt and a pair of pantyhose that aren’t see through.

For really tall boots you may want to also consider switching to jodhpurs instead of regular trousers? Just sayin’… :grin:

But yeah like someone else said, if outdoors in wet conditions let me wear the appropriate boots/galoshes and so what if it does not look stylish to have my office pants tucked in. I’m not trying to land a modeling contract while slogging through the slush, I’m trying to protect my feet and my good shoes. AND the hem of my pants.

(Though the recent trend in menswear towards high-water hem lengths may be useful at this for the trendier dressers among us…)