Can wireless routers accept 802.11G and N simultaneously?

I’m looking to upgrade my home wireless network to N (I wirelessly backup my 100GB music collection with rsync, and it’s s-l-o-w), and I’m not sure about this new wireless spectrum. My current router, an Apple Airport, can service devices rated for 802.11b and g simultaneously. Is this possible with any wireless N router, or do I have to pay the extra money for a “dual band” router?

The reason for this is that while both of my computers support N several other devices (wii, iPod, blackberry) are limited to G.

Speaking of dual band, what the hell is it? It seems to broadcast signals in the 5ghz and 2.4ghz ranges, but for the most part this seems to be solely designed to avoid interference from other wireless devices, which isn’t a concern for me.

To answer your question, yes 802.11n routers can service 802.11g traffic. However the best way to set up mixed ‘g’ and ‘n’ is with a dual-band router with all of the ‘g’ traffic on 2.4 GHz and all of the ‘n’ traffic on 5 GHz. If you don’t you won’t see as much of a speed increase. Wiki