Can you encircle your wrist with your thumb and pinky?

Oh, pinky! :smack: My answer needs to be, “yes, but barely.”

I’m a couple millimeters short.

Off by about 2 cm on my left writs, 1 cm on my right. I answered “not even close.”

Hmm…I should have added an “Other” option.

Crud, I clicked “no but almost”, but found out I could (barely) on my right wrist.

Mine overlap, just like image b there. But if you can’t manage the other trick, you probably don’t have Marfan’s either (the end of my thumb doesn’t even reach the edge of my palm when I fold it across and my fingers down like image a).

One symptom of Marfan’s is unusually long thin limbs and digits, BTW. Another is hypermobility. I have crazy long fingers, yes, but not arms, legs, or toes. And was stiff as a board before I started doing so much yoga.

Yep. I have skinny wrists and long fingers.

Very slender poster who can do it here.

I can do it easily. I’m a scrawny mofo with long fingers.

Yes, very easily with both hands. I have long fingers and am very thin.

Nope. Short pinkies, thick wrists.

Thick wrists and short fingers apparently. I’m at least two centimeters short with my left wrist and three centimeters short with my right.

I miss by less than 1/8th of an inch. Isn’t whether you can or not supposed to indicate what size frame you have?

No. Needed thumb to hold beer.

Have to correct myself - I answered yes, but it’s really yes I used to be able to - not even close any more.

Yes, I can even cover all of the nail on my pinky with my thumb while doing it. Rather than a sign of Marfan syndrome, I’m fairly sure this is just a sign of me having a pretty small frame.

That’s nothing. Can you touch the back of your hand with the middle finger of the same hand?

I can.

Duh. I answered then realised that I should take off my gloves and try again. Change one ‘not even close’ to a ‘just barely’. :o

I was thinking that may depend on the definition of “close”.

My fingers are long and my wrists are thin. I can do it easily with some finger length to spare.