Can you rent a motorcycle?

I always thought it would be cool to have a short lease on a superbike. Being that they are so expensive and you use them so infrequently (most people) and they are so dangerous to ride long-term, I want to rent/lease a big sport bike for 2 months. It’ll be like a vacation for me at an amusement park. I won’t be a “biker”, I won’t work on the bike and do mods on it, I would just rent it and have my fun until I get tired of it… and then maybe rent it again a couple years later… you know, whenever my blood-torque levels get low.

So, I know there are problems with this idea on the dealer side, so that’s why I ask, can you rent/short lease a sport bike?

I don’t know about sport bikes hauss but you can rent Harley’s at many dealerships…they require a hefty deposit and a motorcycle license for over a year. I’m not sure what they do about the insurance issue. You may also be able to rent a Buell since many Harley dealerships are also Buell dealerships.

No they don’t. No more than a car rental company requires one.
All they need is a credit card on file. No biggy.

I’ve rented all sorts of different motorcycles all over the U.S. for the last 20 years. I’ll tell you this: as time goes by, there are more and more places that rent them. I’ve rented harleys, BMW’s and Hondas. (I own a Harley myself, but BMW’s are really, really nice to ride!)

The price greatly depends on where you are and what time of year it is. This is an important fact. the type of bike you rent matters also.
We go down to Sarasota,Fl. twice a year. I usually rent a Harley low Rider. Off season it’s about $300 for 5 days. On season you’re looking at about $700-800 for the same time period. I’ve found BMW’s to be about the same price, Hondas cheaper.

Every rental I’ve ever done on a bike came with full insurance. Neat, huh?:slight_smile:

We’re going down to Florida for 3 weeks in December/January. I’ve got a smaller Harley (Sportster) lined up for 14 days for $825.
Mileage is usually unlimited, or something like 300-500 miles per day, so don’t worry about miles.

Get on the internet and look up motorcycle rentals and look for places in the area you’re going to be in. Or if it’s your home town, call all the dealerships in your area and ask if they rent. I’ve found more rental places in “touristy” areas.

I bought my 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 for $9,500 out the door (i.e., including tax, license, dealer prep, transportation, etc.) and the 2003s were $9,999 out the door. The YZF-R6 (basically the same thing in 600cc) was a couplt thousand less. The FZ6s were cheaper still. They’re not exactly cheap, but they’re still fairly reasonable.

I bought my ride in July, and I have over 2,000 miles on it. I ride it nearly every day.

I’ve been riding since I was six years old. “Danger” is relative. It’s more dangerous to ride a bike than it is to drive a cage, but IMO most of that danger comes from the cage drivers. In over three decades of riding, I’ve never been seriously hurt on a bike. (Touch wood!) I think that someone who rides a lot is a safer rider than someone who only rides “whenever his blood-torque levels get low.”

YMMV.