Can you still touch your toes?

My parents weren’t even born yet in 1960. But I can still do all those exercises, and then some.

How is it possible to NOT be able to jog a quarter-mile lap around a track? It doesn’t even have a time limit. You could take 10 minutes to do it and still pass. The best way to improve your running is my brother’s advice: Run until you think you can’t run any more. Then run until you actually can’t. Then run some more. I think most people, no matter what their age, that can’t run a quarter mile are simply losing a mental battle, not a physical one.

I’m 32 and male…

1. More than 10 sit-ups.

Yeah, it’s not an ab exercise I normally do but it’s easy enough.

1. More than 10 push-ups.

Yeah, I’d wager I could do 50 or 60 but I just got back from the gym (where I did chest) and I’m not sure it’s the best time to test that theory.

1. Touch your toes.

head to the knees actually with the palms on the floor arms bent.

1. Run or jog 1 lap around a football field.

yep

1. At least one chin-up (girly-style acceptable)

I’m up to 13 wide grip, I’m very proud of that.

1. A headstand, handstand, bridge, or bicycle.

Yeah for all our but I have to walk on my hands for the handstand. I can’t do it while I’m still.

Sorry if that sounded braggy but I’ve really been careful with what I eat and my workout regimen and I’ve made incredible progress with my endurance which was always a weak point.

Headstands are very easy, much easier than handstands. Go to a push-up position, put your head on the ground, and raise your legs. Head/two hands gives you good balance.

Regarding the choices, I tried to go by muscle groups:

1. abs
  2. triceps
  3. flexibility
  4. legs/cardio
  5. biceps
  6. back/neck

I left out some of the other tests we had to do, like tumbling, weightlifting, volleyball, etc.