Canada or Mexico

I don’t think we should invade Canada; we’d probably ruin the place. We should just sit back and encourage THEM to invade US. That way we’d get to enjoy our weather AND their beer.

Hmmmmmmm… I think we’ll just wait for you guys to self-destroy, and then we (canadians and mexicans) will have a nice playground…

But in case you decide to invade México before you self-annihilate, just do me a favor: leave our food alone!

What, don’t you like McTacos?

Now I know why I took Spanish instead of French, and why I’d rather go to Mexico with their cheap drugs! :slight_smile:

One more question: Can these Quebecans out-argue even the best of them–ARG220? :slight_smile:

“Of course, that’s just my opinion; I could be wrong.”–Dennis Miller

if we could get JUST ONE Quebeccer on this board…they could make adam cry!!

I recall reading a book a few years back, about the eventual breakup of Canada. It was the author’s contention that the Atlantic Provinces and British Columbia would petition to join the USA.
As for Quebec, it probably will be an independent nation within 10 years.
No offense, Canadians, your country was never meant to be a country-it was always intended that it (you) remain a dominion of the UK. Your trade is with the USA, not Britain; AND it runs north-south, not east-west. That’s why Washington/Oregon/California have more in common with BC that Ontario or Quebec.
A question for you Canadians: what to intend to do with that frozen wasteland (formerly called the NW territory)? It would make a great place to store old nuclear reactors, radioactive waste, etc.

I honestly think you should invade both - it isn’t like you don’t have a large enough army or enough ammo. All it really takes is for someone up here (or down there) to piss you off enough. Besides, if you did, us Canajans could enjoy a more valuable dollar, and cheap flights to Mexico. (wait a second, we have cheap flights already… hmmmm) Well, at least we’d have more channels to watch… (hmm, we have those already too…) Okay, well we’d have more guns and better laws to sue people with. That’s for sure…

“Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open.”

-Lord Thomas Dewar

–Kellibelli: “you have already invaded canada…we watch your tv, our kids act like your kids…one of the little boys at my sons daycamp called him ‘bitch’ the other day.Charming.”

I am so sick of f-ing Canadians blaming their social problems on the States. Give me a break. Yea KelliBelli, if you only had CBC, curling and that fat ass singing lady on television that kid would never had said the word ‘bitch’, yea Canada would be some gleaming utopia that we all would worship and desire. Spare me.

I live in Detroit and I hear that mindless banter from Canadians constantly. Why don’t you close your borders, get your own TV networks, listen to Brian Adams, Shania Twain, only and see how ‘vastly’ your country improves. If you don’t like our friggin’ TV shows, movies, songs, culture…etc. than why do you continue to buy/watch it with such vigor? Why? Because your stuff sucks. Has anyone actually watched CBC? It totally sucks. Curling?

That’s it, I’m taking this to another thread.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don’t have it.
George Bernard Shaw

Flame on.

Err, Jahender? Take a deep breath. :slight_smile:

They’re friendly. Really. I’m a yank and I kinda share the opinion that the US has not been an entirely good neighbor. But that’s probably a topic for a different thread.

peas on earth

holy cow…I meant the whole thing tongue in cheek, if I had to watch the CBC, I would die!
maybe I should have elaborated more…the invasion I referred to is a cultural one, one we welcome!I love the music, tv and all the rest you guys do…I doubt you have ever watched a canadian talk showzzzzzzzzz…oh dozed off there, they’re about as far from springer as can be, so damn nice I could puke!-and I watch springer! (I dont let my kids watch it though…)
I didnt mean to make you mad…it was really more of a slam against the canadian culture of which there is painfully little, either we emulate you or the stuff is totally lame…couple of noteable exceptions…BNL, Degrassi Jr High, Great Big Sea, codco, this hour has 22 minutes etc.
sorry to offend.I love you man!

Well, maybe we’re approaching this the wrong way. Instead of the upsides of each country, what are the evils that we would want to avoid.

Mexico=Montezuma’s Revenge
Canada=Curling
Mexico=Mexico City
Canada=Quebec
Mexico=Spanish
Canada=“eh”
Mexico=lizards
Canada=Mosquitos the size of Sikorskys
Mexico=Beer
Canada=Food

Also owning Canada would provide tons of wide open spaces for hermits and militias to fester, kinda like Montana[sup]2[/sup]. I’m not sure if more space keeps 'em further away or just room to multiply.

Damn, I’m still confused.

Well, maybe we’re approaching this the wrong way. Instead of the upsides of each country, what are the evils that we would want to avoid.

Mexico=Montezuma’s Revenge
Canada=Curling
Mexico=Mexico City
Canada=Quebec
Mexico=Spanish
Canada=“eh”
Mexico=lizards
Canada=Mosquitos the size of Sikorskys
Mexico=Beer
Canada=Food

Also owning Canada would provide tons of wide open spaces for hermits and militias to fester, kinda like Montana[sup]2[/sup]. I’m not sure if more space keeps 'em further away or just room to multiply.

Damn, I’m still confused.

Well, eh-wise, Canada has already invaded us. Seems like “eh” is pretty common in the states that border on Canada. I’ve been saying it since I was a kid.

I’ll take it over “y’all” any day! It sounds nice when used properly by a native eh-ophone (“you think so, eh?”) but sounds horrid when southerners try to emulate it and fail catastrophically (I’ve heard abominations such as, “would you like go to see a movie, eh?” - blech! - stick with “y’all”, you southern drawlers!)

As for who to invade: my vote is the UK. Then we can MAKE them apologize for the spice girls under threat of complete distruction of their national infrastructure.

peas on earth

Pickman’s Model wrote:

I thought Rush was a Canadian band.

Oh, wait, you meant Limbaugh.

I’m not flying fast, just orbiting low.