Canadian Dopers

Québec. Lived in Montréal (pronounced mon-ray-aal), Saint-Marc-sur-Richelieu, and Sherbrooke.

Navan, Ontario
About 20 minutes from Downtown Ottawa.

Since when is Québec in Japan, Momotaro ?? I suppose you’re an English teacher in Canada then - and BY GOD they need’em !!

Coldfire runs out, head over heels, avoiding the rocks people start slinging at him…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I am also from our nation’s capital

Scoobysnax

Save water drink beer!

Sunny Edmonton, AB

Regina, Moose Jaw, Regina again, Montreal, then Toronto.

Now languishing in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

I’m from, uh BRB. Need cheezies

OK. What were we talking about?

One more from Ottawa!

I was born in Ottawa, grew up in Quebec, lived in Ottawa, North Bay, Sudbury, lived and worked in northern Quebec, northern Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, several international jobs in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. I live in Calgary now.

I’m 48 years old. I had a phone call last night from Nainamo B.C. from a guy I last saw when I was 13 years old. He then emailed me a list of 103 names, phone numbers, and 83 email addresses of people I knew for the years (approximately) 1956 to 1967. They are all over Canada and, perhaps surprisingly, I can picture and remember almost all of them. I don’t think I’m going to do anything with this. There’s about three guys on there I’d like to track down and kick the proverbial shit out of (just kidding) and there’s one woman I’d like to apologize to for a verbal assault that made her cry.
It was one was one of those pointless human gestures that delight me when they occur.

hey dhanson… nice to see a fellow edmontonian

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Is there nobody else from the maritimes?
I might as well be in Moscow… :frowning:

2 weeks in Fort Erie every summer. Does that count?

There’s something singularly appropriate about la Belle Province importing an English teacher from Japan! :slight_smile:

Born in Winnipeg, living in Winnipeg again, via:

Montreal, PQ
Flagstaff, AZ
Seattle, WA
Kyoto, Japan
Sligo, Eire
Boston, MA
Antigonish, NS

BTW, I hold dual US/CDN citizenship. The INS thinks I’m a spy…you should see the looks I get at the border…

Z

“Diplomacy is the art of saying “nice doggy” until you can find a rock.”

• Will Rogers

Toronto. Home sweet home!

Okay, I’ll set the record straight. I was born in Québec and have lived there all my life until a year ago when I moved to Japan to teach English. My first language is French, but you wouldn’t know it from hearing me speak (people tell me I have a slight but unfathomable accent).

When I saw ‘Location’ on the registration I figured it meant where one lived presently. Did it mean where one was born?

And now, a magical delurking. I am from beautiful Whalley, British Columbia. That’s right, a suburb of “beautiful” Surrey, British Columbia. Don’t worry, it’s not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Ah, hell. It’s exactly as bad as all the Surrey jokes make it out to be. I know every Canadian has heard a Surrey joke or two. Damn it.

derfel

I haven’t. We’re still picking on the NewFies over here. Teal us a Surrey joke, c’mon.

Momotaro

Kellibelli: WARNING! JOKE ALERT!

The reason you won’t find many people from the Maritimes here is because it seems that most dopers log on from work…