Canonical Information on Lucifer/Satan

For a brief moment, I thought this thread was seeking “contact information” for Lucifer/Satan.

[QUOTE=Spiral Stairs]
For a brief moment, I thought this thread was seeking “contact information” for Lucifer/Satan.
[/QUOTE]

MSN: pure.evil@hotashellmail.com :stuck_out_tongue:

Chronos:

Nitpick: He’s in the book of Zachariah as well.

Otherwise accurate. He’s the “prosecutor” in the “heavenly court”, not an enemy of G-d, but a servant of his, fulfilling an assigned role.

[QUOTE=cmkeller]
Chronos:

Nitpick: He’s in the book of Zachariah as well.

Otherwise accurate. He’s the “prosecutor” in the “heavenly court”, not an enemy of G-d, but a servant of his, fulfilling an assigned role.
[/QUOTE]
which brings up the Book of Job. According to the above interpretation, God is the one who put Job through all of those tribulations via Satan as a proxy.

My understanding is that there is no direct mention of Satan before the post exilic parts of the Bible. Mentions of Satan in pre-exilic works are additions made after the exile and the Israelites exposure to the dualism of Zoroaster.

[QUOTE=Spiral Stairs]
For a brief moment, I thought this thread was seeking “contact information” for Lucifer/Satan.
[/QUOTE]

well sure, if I can go straight to the source, why not! :smiley:

Thanks for the replies so far, a lot of interesting reading.