Can't afford a babysitter? Lock the child in the trunk!

Exactly, ivylass .

If that were a DOG locked in the trunk–it would be front page news.

Where is the outrage, indeed.

Because I’m not sure that “The System” would be better for the child then the trunk.

This happened back in August. It *was * front page news. And they did remove the boy from the home while the mother was put through rehab/classes. Is that acceptable, or should skywriters be hired to proclaim the horror of this act on the hour every hour until the last star in the sky winks out?

The boyfriend was also charged with giving the boy alcohol.

Look, I’m not asking that they be drawn and quartered. But IMHO, probation is too light a sentence for locking a child in a trunk 11 times while you go party.

Again, they had money to party, but not money for a babysitter.

Why yes–because then perhaps people would actually do something about the horrible foster system, the prevalence of just such neglect, and maybe improve the lives of countless children.

I dunno 'bout those stars winking out–but there is a whole lot more that we as a society could do to advocate for children.
I wonder just how well this family will be monitored–this is not aberrant behavior for them–it is a fixed pattern. So do they now just lock the kid in the house/apt and go party in the bar? How is that they have money for drinks, but no money for childcare?

Maybe they could start a daycare to provide those needed funds.

Forgot to add that I am glad to see that she went to rehab…what of BF or husband? I didn’t see that in the article.
And how does anyone ensure that it can’t happen again to this kid? It’s not a “bad” enough case to warrant removal. Supervision from DCFS is spotty, at best.