Capcom Arcade Classics Vol 1. Only $20! Awesome!

Super Ghouls and Ghosts alone makes this thing worth the price of admission but Bionic Commando, Final Fight, Forgotten Worlds?!?!

NICE!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/653/653398p1.html

I adore Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts. I tried Super Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts once on a SNES emulator and I thought it was awful.

What am I missing?

It’s really hard to go back and forth between GnG and SGnG because in GnG you can throw your weapon up and down but don’t have double jump. In SGnG you have double jump which saves my ass, and hangs my ass, constantly but you can’t throw your weapon up and down.

Dunno. Both good ones. I just prefer the double jump and cleaner graphics of SGnG over GnG.

Moderator mumbles: I’m a bit confused, partly because the link that stinkpalm provided didn’t work. However, this looks suspiciously like an advertisement, which is, of course, not allowed… so I’m closing the thread, pending email explanation from stinkpalm.

OK, I’m unblocking this… and the link now seems to work. The link is to a review/summary and the game is available in stores.

So, besides various forms of Street Fighter II… which is cool, in and of itself, we have 1941, a very nice scrolling shooter.

And the bad version of Bionic Commando. Which is interesting. The NES version let you grapple enemies, shoot at angles… this one is a bit different and more limited.

A note: There have been a number of quite good retrogaming anthologies in the last few months. Midway Arcade Classics #1, also $20 at start, is the standard. #2 wasn’t as good.

Namco Arcade for the GBA and Atari Classics for the GBA are both permanently in my travelling collection.

Lots of retro collections out there- two Midways, Namco 50th Anniversary, Tecmo (XBox exclusive), and now Capcom. The '80s are back with a vengeance! I love classic arcade games. (There will be a third Midway, but it doesn’t interest me, since it is all racing games.)