Carlos Santana's New Video

OK, what’s with Rob Thomas’s voice being recorded in mono for the first few lines of the song? Personally, I think this whole trend is getting tiresome. Smashmouth did this a while back, a whole host of other bands did it before Smashmouth, etc.

Also, is it just me, or does Carlos Santana look like Father Guido Sarducci nowadays? How old is he, anyway? I’m guessing 60.

TRIVIA QUESTION: (No, I don’t know the answer) Who is the oldest person to have a top 10 single? Wasn’t Tito Fuentes (age: c.80) in the top 10 a couple of years ago. Just a WAG.

My MPSIMS for the day.

isnt that tito puente?

well, i saw santana recently , and it kicked ass
but i must admit, that mono thing is pretty irritating.
i hate trends

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

What do you mean “in mono”? Like, it’s only coming from one side or something? I haven’t bothered to listen to the song, because I hate Matchbox 20 and that guy’s voice, but I would appreciate if you could elaborate.

“I love God! He’s so deliciously evil!” - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy

The only reason I watch that video is to see that girl in the body suit and jeans dancing. It looked sunny out, but she looks like she just walked out of a freezer. I haven’t seen such gratuitous hard nipple shots since the movie Kingpin.

“My guitar is my first wife. It doesn’t scream at me. It screams for me.” SRV

I have no idea what you mean… I don’t know the song or video in question… truth be told I’m horridly un-hip and I only listen to the classic rock station on the radio.

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I have conflicting feelings on that song. I agree with pldennison that Rob Thomas, along with Matchbox 20, sucks. I can’t stand that guy - watching him contort his mouth when he sings makes me ill.

But, it’s a great song. I just try to forget that it’s him singing it.

Pldennison - “In mono” means that the music, voice, etc. was recorded on only one track. When your car radio then distributes it to four speakers, it sounds horrible. Of course, it’s supposed to sound “innovative.” Blech. Listen to Fastball’s “The Way” and you’ll get the idea. The first 30 or so seconds of the song are in mono, and the rest is in stereo. You’ll hear a profound difference.

Chief - I think you’re right – it is Tito Puente. My bad.

Rastahomie, Carlos Santana could look like Jabba the Hutt and it still wouldn’t change my opinion that he’s a BAD ASS guitar player.
Stevie, couldn’t agree with you more about the shots of the dancing nipple girl.
I think most videos stink actually. It’s like seeing the movie based on a good book. They never live up to your expectations. I never really wanted to see Santana in the first place. Well, maybe his hands and the guitar.

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

I know what mono means, rasta. :slight_smile:

Are you sure it’s really in mono, as opposed to being given a full dead-center stereo mix and EQ-ed all to hell, with everything but the mids pulled out? I just would be surprised to see it had actually been recorded in mono.

“I love God! He’s so deliciously evil!” - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy