Casual use of the term "cock blocked" is fairly offensive

It actually seems that astro was more offended that the woman was implying that he was going for the drunk than that she used the term “cock block.”

Like most sexual slang, it doesn’t actually imply that men only want sex. I don’t understand how people can read that into the expression. It’s a description; if the guy isn’t trying to seduce anyone, he can’t be cock blocked. If he is, then he can. The fact that there’s a cute name for it doesn’t imply that men are only after sex. If that were the case, the fact that there’s a name for the “Cleaveland Steamer” would imply that most people are coprophiliacs.

Oh, now you simply must tell the story.

Not only does, “You’re cramping my style!” mean the same thing, you can say it to your grandmother, the nun.

The one who took a vow of celibacy, like her mother, and her mother befor her? :wink:

I must live in different circles than many of you. While I’ve seen the term on the Internet, I’ve never actually heard it spoken in real life, and frankly I’d be shocked if any of my family, friends, or acquaintances would ever actually use it.

Ed

Wasn’t it used repeatedly in an episode of Undeclared?

I think I live in those same circles with you. I would be horrified if that expression was spoken aloud in front of me and I could never picture it coming out of my mouth.

What I mean is…

Oh, nevermind.

Completely. I have the filthiest mouth of any of my (female) friends, and I can’t imagine a situation where I’d say that. Maybe in private, to my husband, but that’s about it.