Catch Phrase of the Century

What is your vote for the most over-used catch phrase of the century?

Before you all say “Is That Your Final Answer?”, remember the classics like “Where’s the Beef?” and “You Bet Your Bippy!”. Or step into the (way!) Wayback Machine to dredge up “Twenty-three Skidoo!!” or “'Tain’t Funny McGee!”

Somewhere out there in the ether is a moldy sound byte that will go down in history as the one-liner that defined the 20th century; Vote Early, and Vote Often!!

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

‘…of the Century’

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

capitalist running dog imperialists

the East is red

Just a little more government will finally solve all our problems.

Good topic. Had to sit back and think about this one for a few minutes. My votes are for:
Eat my shorts.

I pledge to get tough on drugs!

Read my lips : No new taxes

Johnny isn’t working up to his full potential.

Anything preceded by the letter “E.” Bonus points if the sentence also includes the words “solutions,” “proactive,” and “dotcom.”

This “is the Mother of all” topics.

This topic is the cat’s pajamas!
It’s the Bee’s Knees!

It’s 10 lbs of funky in a 5 lb bag!

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

“If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident…”

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

If I hear “…of the millennium,” “the new millennium,” or any phrases containing the word “millennium” again I will run barking into the streets.

So do you think that next year, we’ll have to endure the whole millennium hype again for those of us who can count? Or will advertisers just lay it to rest?

Whoops, was that my cynisism showing on my last post?

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

How about cool?

No money down!

Make no payments until…

I’ll be back

'Tis but a scratch

" Surfin’ The Net "

Fuh-getabowdit!

Loose lips, sink ships.

Buy liberty bonds.

Uncle Sam wants you.

Remember the Maine.

and the ubiqitous, don’t eat the brown acid.

My all time favorite… Oh the humanity!

“I wore an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time…”

“…without any pants on.”

It shows up in another thread:

“outside the box”

I sick of it, but “just do it” has to win for shear volume

We live in an age that reads to much to be wise, and thinks too much to be beautiful–Oscar Wilde

Kilroy was here!

Quand les talons claquent, l’esprit se vide.
Maréchal Lyautey

“Now you’re on the trolley.”