cd/dvd drives wont autorun

does anyone have a solution to this,i have enabled everything that needs to be even tried other software to no avail.

We need a lot more information before we can offer anything other than random guesses. Operating system and version, drive brands, including models if possible, and what settings and software you’ve tried. The more specific you can be, the better the quality of responses you’ll get.

CD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8483B

DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A

the pc in question is a HP Compaq 7100c,running xp pro.

software tried so far is autorun wizard.

settings are where theres a box to tick for autoplay/run they have been ticked.

cant think off hand of anything else,apart from the fact it worked when i first got this pc.hope this is of some help.

hope its okay to bump this one as its driving me up the wall

Windows XP?

Here’s the Microsoft support page for this problem

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom this i cant locate in regedit,have checked drivers and win xp say the current driver is working properly
also uninstalled the drive then it was reinstalled automaticaly on a reboot

I specifically disabled autorun for security reasons with TweakUI. I’d say it’s worth downloading to see if it’s easily re-enabled with the same software.

tried downloading that but it wont install properly,and it said it already was installed which it wasnt,so im giving up for the time being,i think this pc is jinxed as it always has had problems of some sort, never liked hp stuff anyway or dell out of the frying pan and into the fire :frowning: