Celebrity Death Pool 2015

In that case, because you are so worshipful, milk choc would be fine.

He’ll probably send that cheap “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Milk Chocolate” he buys the day after Valentine’s Day at the local Everything’s A Dollar And We Still Make A Profit, So You Can Just Imagine What This Stuff Is Actually Made Of Store.

Well, here we go:

Mahmoud Abbas
Woody Allen
Herb Alpert
Judd Hirsch
Ernie Broglio
Mike Brown
Jimmy Swaggart
Jeremy Davies
Ron Paul
Phil Donahue
Georgie Ann Geyer
Skrillex
Charlie Sheen

alternates:
James Cotton
Mudcat Grant

The Mike Brown I mean is the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Not so much as “Hey you little bastards, get off of my lawn!!!”

If I had a lawn. So if you have a lawn feel free to shout for me. :smiley:

Thanks for doing this again, Baker!

1. Valerie Harper, b. August 22, 1939. Actress.
  2. Stephen Hawking, b. January 8, 1942. Physicist.
  3. Muhammad Ali, b. January 17, 1942. Boxer.
  4. Roy Horn, b. October 3, 1944. Magician.
  5. Dan Quayle, b. February 4, 1947. Politician.
  6. Elwood Edwards, b. November 6, 1949. Voice actor.
  7. Ayman al-Zawahiri, b. June 19, 1951. Emir.
  8. Ron Jeremy, b. March 12, 1953. Actor.
  9. Chris Berman, b. May 10, 1955. Sportscaster.
  10. Sam Simon, b. June 6, 1955. Producer.
  11. Randy Travis, b. May 4, 1959. Musician.
  12. Artie Lange, b. October 11, 1967. Comedian.
  13. Kim Jong-un, b. January 8, 1983. Supreme Commander of the Korean People’s Army.

Alt1. George H. W. Bush, b. June 12, 1924. Politician.
Alt2. Linda Tripp, b. November 24, 1949. Civil servant.
Alt3. Michael Schumacher, b. January 3, 1969. Racecar driver.
Plain text version:

Valerie Harper
Stephen Hawking
Muhammad Ali
Roy Horn
Dan Quayle
Elwood Edwards
Ayman al-Zawahiri
Ron Jeremy
Chris Berman
Sam Simon
Randy Travis
Artie Lange
Kim Jong-un

George H. W. Bush
Linda Tripp
Michael Schumacher

BB King
Valerie Harper
Clive James
Jen Arnold
Jerry Lewis
Penny Marshall
Billy Graham
Muhammad Ali
Jimmy Carter
George HW Bush
Nancy Reagan
Clint Eastwood
Willie Nelson

Teri Garr
Mary Tyler Moore
Dick Van Dyke

Clean list:
Gordie Howe
Nancy Reagan
Jimmy Carter
George H. W. Bush
Kim Jong-un
Fidel Castro
Pope Benedict XVI
Mikhail Gorbachev
Abdullah ibn Abdilaziz
Ali Khamenei
Valeria Harper
Sam Simon
Glen Campbell

Alternatives:
Ara Parseghian
Charlie Rangel

Notes:
Abdullah ibn Abdilaziz - King of Saudi Arabia
Ali Khamenei - Ayatollah of Iran

I’m still working on my list for 2015 but I’d like to make two suggestions:

1. 1st Jan 2016 is a Friday. With the weekend following immediately and thus news perhaps being delayed, it might be prudent to hold off a final result until the Monday. Personally, I’d suggest the 6th Jan as being the 12th day of Christmas.

2. If it’s not too much trouble, it would be nice if the monthly updates could have hotlinks to everyone’s lists.

I do have one question: how is assisted suicide adjudicated? I’m thinking specifically of Terry Pratchett. He has long made his general intention known, but in general what if someone famous were to announce this month that they were going to die through assisted suicide in 2015? I would suggest that this be equated to the planned deaths of people on Death Row and thus be excluded unless they die by other means.

It would be a bitch if you planned to whack yourself on Tuesday, and ate some bad fish, or were hit by a taxi on Monday.

I would think that assisted suicide would fall under the Death Row clause of the rules. IANADeathMistress, though.

While I’m all for a grace period of a few days after the New Year for late news of deaths at the very end of the old year to shuffle in, I must make this nitpick:

January 6 is NOT the 12th day of Christmas!!

Unless you use some oddball counting system where Dec. 26 is the first day of Christmas, and Dec. 25th is the 0’th day of Christmas.

But if one counts normally with Dec. 25 = 1st day of Christmas, then
Dec. 26 = 2nd day,
Dec. 27 = 3nd day,
Dec. 28 = 4nd day,
Dec. 29 = 5nd day,
Dec. 30 = 6nd day,
Dec. 31 = 7th day,
Jan. 1 = 8th day,
Jan. 2 = 9th day,
Jan. 3 = 10th day,
Jan. 4 = 11th day, and
Jan. 5 = 12th day.

The Feast of the Epiphany on January 6 is NOT the 12th day of Christmas; it is not part of the (liturgical) Christmas season. It immediately follows that season.

And especially, Twelfth Night doesn’t fall on January 6. If it did, it would be the Thirteenth Night.

C’mon you sickos, we need some lists being posted!

Are you advertising for death?

Pat Summit
Bill Cosby
Bret Michaels
Linda Ronstadt
Pat Buchanan
Rush Limbaugh
Angela Lansbury
Warren Buffett
Larry McMurtry
Francis Ford Coppola
Morrisey
Danny Glover
Valerie Harper

Alternates

Lindsey Lohan
Michelle Obama
Jimmy Swaggart

BB King
Valerie Harper
Clive James
Jen Arnold
Jerry Lewis
Penny Marshall
Billy Graham
Muhammad Ali
Jimmy Carter
George HW Bush
Nancy Reagan
Clint Eastwood
Willie Nelson

Teri Garr
Mary Tyler Moore
Dick Van Dyke

everyone’s waiting for the first update of the popular picks!

(okay, I’m waiting for that)

My list of semi-immortals. I have played most of these in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Only Joan Fontaine had the decency to die. I should send the rest of them a bill for keeping them alive.

I’m making some changes in hopes of getting some points. But I’ll bet that the two that I kick (Sam Eliot and Burt Reynolds) will die just to piss me off.
In no particular order:

George H. W. Bush
Barbara Bush
Lindsay Lohan
Queen Elizabeth
Olivia de Havilland
Jimmy Carter
Muhammad Ali
Angela Lansbury
Johnny Depp
Tom Selleck
Judi Dench
William Shatner
Leonard Nimoy

Alternates:

Alex Trebek
Chuck Norris
Hillary Clinton

Are you kidding? We’re engaged in a cooperative effort to extend the lives of seriously ill celebs by putting them on our lists!

After much thought and getting thoroughly lost in the “Who’s Left from Early TV?” thread I have come up with my themed list of the year. I call it

Who’s About to Be Gone from Early TV?

It consists of the following notables:

*Zsa Zsa Gabor (2/6/1917) - Best know for her role on Green Acres, her television debut was in 1951 on a program called This Is Show Business.

*William Woodson (7/6/1917) - He’s been a narrator on several shows beginning with Lights Out in 1946

*George Gaynes (5/16/1917) - Punky Brewster’s dad first entered our living rooms on NBC Opera Theatre in 1955

*Lee Miller (5/18/1917) - Before he was Sgt. Brice on Perry Mason, he was on the Bob Cummings Show.

*June Foray (9/18/1917) - The voice of Rocket J. Squirrel has been doing cartoon work for a long time, with her first television “foray” (sorry, couldn’t resist) coming in 1955 with Andy’s Gang.

*Marjorie Lord (7/26/1918) - Best known for her role on Make Room for Daddy, her initial switch from the big screen to the small came in 1947 when she appeared on an episode of Public Prosecutor.

*Nehemiah Persoff (8/2/1919) - He was credited as “Nick Pursoff” on his first television role on Actor’s Studio in 1949, but afterwards he went by his full, correctly-spelled name.

*Alan Young (11/19/1919) - Wilbur from Mr. Ed had his own show back in 1951. Doesn’t look like it lasted long, though.

*Jayne Meadows (9/27/1919) - Steve Allen’s partner got started on television in an episode of Robert Montgomery Presents back in 1952

*Abe Vigoda (2/24/1921) - Before rumors of his death got out of hand, before he was on Barney Miller, he was on *Suspense *in 1949

*Barbara Hale (4/18/1922) - Della Street appeared on Footlights Theater in 1953 before she started working for Perry Mason.

*Betty White (1/17/1922) - The only surviving Golden Girl started out as “Phone Girl” on Hollywood on Television.

*Bob Barker (12/12/1923) - Everyone’s favorite enemy of entire pets was the emcee of The New Truth and Consequences back in 1950.

*Peggy Webber (1925) - A popular radio actress, her first television role was on Crown Theatre with Gloria Swanson. Later on she went to star in The Screaming Skull, one of the best Sci Fi Channel MST3K episodes.

Alternates
*Glynis Johns (10/5/1923) - Mrs. Banks worked on The Errol Flynn Theatre before she started working as a suffragette

*Charlotte Rae (4/22/1922) - The housemother from the Facts of Life started out on *The United States Steel Hour *and isn’t that an extremely 1950s name for a series?

*Christopher Lee (5/27/1922) - His first television role was on a show with the extremely un-Saruman-like name of Kaleidoscope.
Plain List
Zsa Zsa Gabor
William Woodson
George Gaynes
Lee Miller
June Foray
Marjorie Lord
Nehemiah Persoff
Alan Young
Jayne Meadows
Abe Vigoda
Barbara Hale
Betty White
Peggy Webber

Alternates
Glynis Johns
Charlotte Rae
Christopher Lee

It wasn’t Zsa Zsa on Green Acres, was it?