celebrity tail

I’ve heard this from two independent sources, but I’m very skeptical. One friend claims to know an ex-girlfriend of rock star Dave Matthews, and according to him, she claims he has a tail. That’s an actual hanging tail.

I scoffed at this until I heard from a totally unrelated individual who claimed Mr. Matthews actually made reference to his tail at a concert in a lighthearted fashion.

Now since asking around I’ve heard several people say they’ve heard this. One fellow even told me that all humans have tails for a time in the womb.

Could this be true? I don’t mean to imply anything is wrong by having a tail or to make fun of anyone who may have one. There’s nothing about it at any internet sites, so I’m inclined to believe it’s all just a crazy rumor.

So can humans be born with tails?

Covered by the Great One: here

Wow, I never would have guessed this could be true. I didn’t even bother to research it here because I just assumed it couldn’t be so.

The information available here never ceases to amaze me.

I’m fond of Dave Matthew’s music, tail or no tail.

Did anybody else think that “Celebrity tail” refered to something completely different?

Uhhhhh I was hopeing this post was about the well endowed rear ends of female celebrites. Oh well… :frowning:

Nothing on Snopes saying Dave Matthews doesn’t have a tail.

Yeah, Moonshine–

I thought this was going to be a thread along the same lines as those “Brush with fame” ones. You know, who’s the most famous person you ever…

At the risk of sending this MPSIMS’s way…

… I can’t technically claim any famous tail, but I can report that Lauren Tewes (of Love Boat fame) once tried to kick me in the crotch.

It would seem that there’s really two questions here: First, is it possible for a human being to have a tail-- We’ve pretty well covered that. Secondly, does Dave Matthews specifically have a tail-- Anyone out there have any info?

Of course, he may have done so not because he has a tail, but because he knew of the rumour going around…

Yeah, I honestly think any parents of a child born with a tail would opt to have it removed ASAP. God, can you imagine having to go through high school with one of those? The first time anyone saw it in the locker room, there goes your life forever.

You’d have it removed…unless …of course you are perhaps…((in Church lady falsetto))…SATAN!!!

I’ve read from several sources that Anton Szandor LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan, had a tail.

I can’t believe I am going to actually help spread a hideous rumor but…a friend of mine tells me that it is “common knowledge” that many people believe that all black people have tails. My friend is black and when she moved to West Virginia, (she and her husband the only black people in town–only black people some had ever seen) the kids in town followed her around for weeks until she finally asked them why and it turns out they just wanted to see her tail (which, incidentally, she does not have!) Does this answer the Dave Matthews question? No. Does this give us any insight into Anton LaVey? No. But it is somewhat on-topic…