Celebrity X is how old?

Sometimes this type of misjudgement happens when you only know somebody from talking to him on the phone.

On my old job, I talked regularly to a man whom I had never met in person. This guy was always cheerful, he was cracking jokes all the time, he sounded like a 20something right out of college. I always thought to my myself: Wait until you have 10 years on the job under your belt, you’ll be a miserable, middle-aged man just like everybody else.

One day, I talked about him to a co-worker. He said: “Oh yes, that’s Mr. … . He’ll turn 65 next month, he is about to retire” which left me absolutely stunned.

She’s just one of a bevy of teenage crushes I had (i.e. girls who were pretty much the same age as me): Jodie of course, but also Andrea McArdle, Nadia Comaneci, et. al. No fucking way they are all pushing 50 (even tho I am too of course)…:frowning:

I was surprised to see today that Graham Greene (Dances with Wolves, Thunderheart) is only 60. Dances with Wolves was made in 1990 and he looked at least 50 or 55 then to me anyway.

Vanna White is 55. She might look it in this picture from last year (or not) but I’ve been watching a lot of The Wheel at the gym and she does not look like she has aged one DAY since she began. Stunning!

Julia Louis-Dreyfus (currently on Veep) is 51.

I was shocked that John Slattery is only 49–younger than I am! It’s not just the white hair, but I thought he was 60-ish.

And, curiously, looks better (quite a bit better) now then when she was on Seinfeld.

I was surprised to learn that David Janssen (the original “Fugitive”) was only a month shy of 49 when he died in 1980. He was on some detective show in the 70’s that my dad used to watch and I would have pegged him at somewhere in his mid-to-late 50’s at the time.

Harry O. I remember that show. And I agree. I watched it as a kid but if you had asked me, I would have guessed Janssen was older. Hard to believe he was younger than I am now when he died.

Mae West was 38 years old when she started in movies. I’d never have guessed.

On the other hand, Lindsay Lohan is five years younger than I am. She’s… not doing well, I don’t think.

This has not yet received the “Holy shit!” response it deserves in this thread. It puts every other example to shame.

Paul Reubens, AKA Pee-Wee Herman.

In this clip from 2010, he portrays Pee-Wee again at age 57. Fifty-seven!

Not too bad looking (even though most of it is make-up) for being 57. He doesn’t look too much different than he did in his early Pee-Wee years (in my opinion).

I would have never guessed 57.

What tha?
And PS: Paul McCartney is 70. SEVENTY!!!

I know Halle Berry’s age because we both have the exact same birthday. We will both turn 46 on August 14. And congratulations to her. She looks almost as good as I do. :wink:

Another one that shocked me: Yvonne (Batgirl) Craig is 75. Which means she was about 30 when she played Batgirl. She seemed a lot younger on the show. Barbara Gordon was supposed to have just graduated from college and was supposed to have been somewhere between Dick Grayson’s and Bruce Wayne’s ages. Maybe it was the form-fitting costume and the red wig, but I never pictured Batgirl turning 75.

Chelsea Handler is only 37. That must have been a loooong 37 years.

I fell in love with Ann Curry when she was working for the CBS station in Los Angeles during teen years. She’s one of the reasons why I started watching TV news regularly.