cell phone ringtones

Yesterday, I was in a room full of people, and this guy’s cell phone rang with the theme from Gilligan’s Island.. He was unanimously declared The Saddest Person in the Room (he heartily concurred).

No, it was not me. I use Scott Joplin’s “The Entertainer.”

Personally, I preferred the ones when he was in the library and in the museum :slight_smile:

Oh man. I freaking HATE “cute” cellphone rings. And I hate the ones that keep ringing while the person digs through their purse or bag to find it. Mine is set on the Nokia “Low” tone. It’s a low pitch ring on the same tone. And I have it set to where the ring only goes off once and then goes into silent mode for each call. It’s very nice and it doesn’t drive me or the people around me bonkers.

Mine plays “Sit On My Face” by M. Python

People either get it and laugh, or they don’t.

I worked it out myself on my old 3210. When I got a new 3530 I sent it to myself, but it sounds pretty crappy in the polyphonic tones. I could rework it or find a decent MIDI file to send, but I can’t be bothered. It’s pretty unique, which I like. I’ve never met anyone else with it in the two and a half years I’ve had it.

I’ve heard the opening to “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” I think that, considering the situation, it lends itself well.

A friend of mine has a newer cell phone, that flips, and, well, it rocks. It seriously has a nice bassline, high tones, it sounds like a low-end walkman. I’ll try to find the model for y’all.

It’s funny, but for most people these days, the most exposure they get to the greats of classical music is through their cell phones. Hundreds of years of tradition, distilled and redirected in purpose as a ringing phone.

While fixing my boss’ phone, he didn’t know how to get the regular phone ring instead of a song, I mentioned having the National Anthem as my ringing tone.

“Don’t you get tired of standing up every time it rings?” he asked.

And now I want that ringtone!

And I have a 3210!

And live in Australia! (hint hint :))

Mine plays “Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity” from Holst’s “The Planets” but I never get calls, so it doesn’t really matter.

By the way, Intaglio, “In the Hall of the Mountain King” is by Grieg.

Yes, I do, too. Besides, then I get to be one of the people that smirks and rolls my eyes at those who have something really stupid for their ringtone. :wink:
I have mine on one called “Going Up” which is 5 notes up and then back down, like the scale on a piano. It’s not obnoxious at all, and no one else has it. And I always know when it’s my phone ringing.
I went to the Nokia Downloadable ringtone site and my phone doesn’t accept downloadable tones. : pout :
No SpongeBob ringtone for me. :frowning:

Mine just rings, except when my mother’s calling, in which case it plays Ride of the Valkyries.

Put your phone on vibrate instead…

Please?

How about In The Garden of Eden by I. Ron Butteryfly? :wink:

Mine doesn’t have a vibrate option. I’d have to buy a $50 vibrating battery. Sorry. I keep the ringer on low. Is that okay? :wink:

Devo- Whip it.

I put Just Can’t Get Enough (depeche mode) on my mum’s phone and everytime her phone rings i end up singing along :slight_smile:

I have my permanently set to silent vibrating (aka ‘manners mode’. This is an option in other countries?!?), but my ringer (if I ever use it) plays “Timing” by Black Biscuits.

My cellphone usually isn’t in a place where I would feel it vibrating. My pager, when I used it was always set to vibrate though.

I’ve gone through most of the standards that came with my phone…those that aren’t too common, like Do-mi-so and Robo N1X. I got really really sick of them though.

So now, my Batman Beyond-faceplated phone rings with Lowrider by War. Doesn’t really fit the look, but I get doofy grins from others whenever it rings.

I just have a Nextel, so I can’t bug anybody with funny musical rings.

All I have to offer is the pleasant, easy listening “Nextel Chirp” whenever someone connects to me via the walkie talkie feature.

That could never be considered annoying, huh? :wink: