Cell signal booster?

Technically, you’ve hijacked your own thread. A “cell signal booster” is a device which boosts the cell signal. The “MicroCell” you all are describing actually takes your cell signal and routes it over your internet connection. Whether there is any boosting or not I don’t know, but it seems unlikely.

A downside to a device like this is that if you are on a metered data plan from your ISP your cell calls will be using up that data.

I can’t speak for all carriers, but I am in the same boat and use T-Mobile. After calling their customer service department a few times they offered to send me a cell signal booster. This is a device I must install somewhere and it will pick up what signal it can from the cell tower and retransmit it inside the house getting me (probably) better access.

It’s due to be delivered in about 1 week. If this thread is still active I will post results after I’ve installed it and played with it.

I understand the difference. With a microcell I’ll be sort of doing what I was doing before with WiFi calling. I’ll be using a local signal to send and receive calls over the internet. The internet connection here isn’t metered and voice doesn’t take a lot of bandwidth anyway. I have a bid in on a secondhand microcell on eBay.

I have installed several Devices made by that company, but they have always been of the roof mount variety. You can improvise a bracket to clamp it to an eave. They have always performed admirably in my experience.

I used a signal strength meter app to identify where the best signal was and a small steel plate to try and shroud my phone to get an idea of direction.

The units I use/install were this model, same manufacturer

Just plugging them in wont save you, you need to find a good signal spot and put the antenna there. Once installed my customers have done nothing but rave about how much better it is.

Not sure what’s going on with your phone but the Samsung S6 most certainly supports WiFi calling.

Depending on your provided, you may need to tell customer service to enable some underlying technology on your account first.

I was very happy with hiboost. I say was, because only got a month of use out of it before the Spring fire.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Home-4k-Cell-Phone-Signal-Booster-for-Homes-Residences-4000-sq-ft-Coverage-Area/332793704