Chains that refuse to expand outside of a certain area out of loyalty

Taco Time came out to the food court at the Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) when it opened in the early '90’s. It did not last very long, unfortunately. I doubt they will ever come back out this way :frowning:

Oh, I know. I’m not saying that Vegas is the central hub, just that I guess if they’re already driving to Vegas it’s easy enough to go 2 more hours to reach Washington City.

Privately owned businesses don’t really have the same drive to expand that publically owned ones do. It may only be the original founder who has an ownership stake, and they may be satisfied with the profits from the restaurants they already have.

There is at least one Taco Time left in downtown Los Angeles, but the food is God-awful in my opinion. There was a second one that I was aware of, but it only lasted a couple of years. Good riddance.

There’s at least one Taco Time in Salt Lake–probably a lot more than that. It is the single most horrifying place I have ever dined at. It was insanely expensive for a fast food place, and they sold tater-tots and called them “Mexican fries.” Their other interpretations of “Mexican” cuisine were equally suspect. I honestly don’t know who the target demographic is–I guess it’s Mexican food for people who hate Mexican food.

I did not know that. From here on in I’ll always be on the lookout for it.

We’ve got most of the other big chain takeaway stores in .au, but not Jack in the Box.

Which sucks, 'cos it’s better than the ones we do have.

I also can’t work out why Burger King/KFC/McD’s etc don’t do the US-style ‘biscuits’ here. They could easily do so, and call them ‘damper’. The difference (between biscuits and damper) is fairly minimal, and I’d love to have damper instead of standard bread rolls.

There is one in Topeka, FWIW. And those are some good burgers. The cherry limeade with lime sherbert is nice too.