Challenge: Locate my Lost Recipe for Lasagna

A couple years ago, a family member and I found a terrific lasagna recipe online. Unfortunately, we misplaced it and cannot locate it despite a lot of Google searches.

I do know that the lasagna contained parmesan cheese; provolone cheese; and mozarella cheese. I’m 95% sure that the recipe was meat free. I’m also 95% sure that the last step before baking the lasagna was to put slices of mozarella cheese on top.

Any bored internet whizzes care to try and locate my lost recipe? The prize is glory and my gratitude.

Please understand this is not aimed at you in particular but we have these threads all the time and I don’t understand something. You have memories of why you liked it. You have a fair idea what you put in it the last time. It’s lasagna so the recipe was not complex or critical; what you described is what pretty much goes into every lasagna, plus noodles, spices, tomato sauce of some sort and ricotta cheese. You may not be a highly-trained chef but you can cook. So why would you need a recipe? Make your own!

The problem is that lasagna is rather unhealthy so we make it in my family only once or twice a year at most. So it could take years and a lot of mental energy to come up with my own recipe that I am very happy with. Which I might do, but it would be a lot quicker and easier if someone who happens to be facile with Google is able to retrieve the recipe for me.

With stuff that I make more frequently, I worry about recipes a lot less.

Okay here’s the problem: first, like dropzone says, lasagna is not a complicated dish and you could easily throw one together on the fly (that’s what I do), and second, the scant, vague clues you’ve provided yield literally millions of search results.

Either come up with some additional information, or just Google “lasagna vegetarian parmesan mozzarella provolone” and take your pick. I find lasagna is quite difficult to fuck up, as long as you keep it basic and you’re not getting “creative” with bizarre nonsensical ingredients.

The most recent one we made came out okay, but nowhere near as good as the one with that recipe.

Sure, but the chances of getting a good result are less than with a recipe.

Well if it’s essentially impossible to find, then we will have to find another approach. Sometimes when you post a difficult problem online, there is a clever person who can solve it with very little trouble. Apparently this is not such a situation.

Yes, there are other approaches which do not involve using the exact recipe we used before.

I think I found the lasagna recipeyou were looking for.

What the hell is so unhealthy about lasagna?

Well there are two problems. The first problem is that it has a lot of calories due to its high fat content. Standing alone, this is not necessarily a problem since fat is an important nutrient and in theory, one could limit one’s portions.

The second problem is that lasagna tastes really good and is very satisfying to eat.

These two issues – when combined – make it psychologically difficult to limit one’s intake of lasagna and similar foods in such a way as to be consistent with a healthy body weight.

Stouffer’s Lasagna-37 % calories from fat. 19% of daily intake.
American Heart Association.

It’s not really that bad.

Lol, I bet one little box has 5 so-called “servings.”

Lol, if you want to do better, eat a cheeseburger from Macdonald’s – only 36% calories from fat.

Anyway, when it comes to diet “not so bad” won’t cut it. Because of the psychological effects of food. If you eat “not so bad” food one day, it’s will be difficult to resist having “not so bad” food the next day. And if you eat “not so bad” food every day for 10 years, there’s a very good chance you will end up fat.