Changeling

I watched this film last night, I wasn’t really expecting much but I was in for a suprise.

It’s a truly good movie, if you haven’t seen it I urge you to do so.

Even Angelina Jolie plays a decent part, that’s saying something, the police captain is a right bastard.

I’ll say no more for fear of ruining it

I wasn’t that interested in seeing it when it was in the theater but thought “what the heck” and got it from Netflix. What an awesome surprise!My only problem is that Ms. Jolie is so . . .iconic(?) that it’s very hard to forget she’s her and get into her character. Not that she isn’t a great actress, because she is and it certainly isn’t her fault that she’s so darn beautiful but I find her looks somewhat distracting. The abundance of red lipstick on those famous lips didn’t help matters either.So, overall I found it to be a great film, but I do somewhat question Mr. Eastwood’s casting choice. Also, what the heck kind of accent was the police chief supposed to have?

I was pleasantly suprised by this film. Since I don’t care too much for Angelina Jolie, her huge face is on the marquee, and all of the trailer clips included her I expected her to be the focus of the film and get the abundance of screen time.
Thankfully that wasn’t the case. The story more centered around the LA police department and their corruption and while she was a main character she was “THE” main character.
There was a lot more to the story than the basic story line from the trailer.