Characters in Commercials that You Hate

I read through this entire thread and have no clue what most posts are about, some sound intriguing like reverse Edward Scissor hands.

It makes me happy to fuck the entertainment providers who are shoveling this crap out.

Uh, the awkwardness of everybody in the AT&T ad is the point of that ad.

There was a pop tart commercial I saw recently I found really disturbing. It was one of the ones they’ve been doing with the simple line art where the clearly sentient pastries are lured and tricked into toasters to be devoured by the murderous cartoons. They’ve always weirded me out a bit, but this one in particular had a lizard lure a obviously female ‘tart’ into the inevitable toaster by disguising it as the tour bus of some band. As the con was revealed and the pop tart groupie plunged to her fiery doom, the lizard remarks in this smug f@#$ing voice “Toooo easy.” Guh. It was just so incredibly rape-y. Absolutely repugnant. I can only imagine the guy who came up with the commercial is the kind of ex-frat douchebag who keeps a bottle of rohipnol in his nightstand, for those stubborn girls who don’t immediately put out upon hearing his skeevy pickup lines.

It was an Amazon commercial for their Fire Phone.

Sounds more like the leader of the real estate agents saleslady talks to. She crosses her arms unnaturally so both her hands are visible.

Every spokesperson in every ProNamel commercial. I haven’t heard one yet that didn’t set my teeth on edge. They all enunciate like robots from the Stepford Wives School of Acting.

Look, I don’t post at the SDMB much but clearly you all need me to stop in and point out that the correct response to the OP is the anthropomorphic almond from the Silk Almond Milk commercials. Yes, the marionettes from DirecTV are creepier, but at least none of them are sardonic misanthropes like this douchebag. It is as if Silk searched for the biggest dick they could find to be their spokesman, but dissatisfied with the assholes available they resorted to having one of the dropouts in the mail room create one with Blender. And this is all without even getting into the disturbing issues associated with an almond shilling for almond milk.

This, and anything that shows food as sentient beings that will eventually be either burned alive or eaten alive. The pop tart ones are especially bad because they seem so happy before meeting their extremely horrific demise.

The too-cool-smug e-Cig guy: Hey! Loser! You are still hooked on cigarettes, on nicotine, just like any other junkie. You aren’t taking back any rights, you are sucking on a plastic tube to get a fix and you look like a fool. A REAL man would quit cold turkey and never look back.

Any commercial for any electronic doo-dad: I am so out of the loop I have no idea what they’re plugging. So it all goes over my head.

“It obviously tastes like almonds!”

Well, hell, it just as obviously should taste like milk by that logic.

And that guy who sings with him because he sounds too much like Johnny Cash. What did they do, resurrect him?

I don’t like that little green man in the Geico commercials and print ads!!!

You mean the gecko? He’s a lizard, not a man.

One more vote for Red. At first glance she is incredibly attractive, but everything she has ever said has made me like her less.

Also, the guy in the shaving commercial that says “I’d fuck me”. What a tool.

The Maytag worker. Inside your dishwasher!!! You hand him your plates, he cleans them. The worst thing is he looks and sounds a little like Mike Rowe. And Mike Rowe on his FB page decidedly announced no, that
is not him, Mike Rowe, in a Maytag dishwasher commercial.

[quote=“Rick_Kitchen, post:56, topic:694010”]

Little Babies Ice Cream ad - creepy as hell:

[/QUOTE]

Surely that’s not a real product, is it? If it is then this wins the creepiness award. Otherwise it’s art, isn’t it?

To be fair, I think the Maytag Man has always been kinda creepy. But these new set of commercials are a touch weirder when you realize this Maytag Man is Colin Ferguson, who was the lead from the popular tv show Eureka from a few years back. :eek:

Is she the one who claps her hands in delight at the thought of tacos?

What bothers me about the almond milk commercials is not so much the little almond guy, but the false premise that the reason people don’t try almond milk because they aren’t sure they’ll like it. I think most people would try it. They just don’t want to pay four bucks to find out.

Wow, I really did think that was Rowe, but I didn’t realize how much he looked like Colin Freguson.

Yeah, that Fred Thompson ad - he’s Mr. Big Shot walkin’ down the sidewalk, tossin’ a coin to poor Jesse, the newspaper boy. Is that the image old people look forward to?

The one guy that has been annoying as hell is the dufus from Comparenow.com - it’s like they selected the most unthreatening, most tame, most domesticated male of all time. Add the sniveling, whining “…buying car insurance takes too much time…”, and being played incessantly. Ugh.

The other one I find stupid and annoying is the Bush’s Baked Beans guy and his talking dog. Oh, how cute, the dog is trying to reveal the “secret family recipe” again. Blech.