Check out this toilet

#2. That would add a lot of excitement for when wanking becomes routine.

I’d love to stand outside that thing and just laugh and point when someone is in there.

OK, if light doesnt pass through, so people can see into it from the outside, how can the cast shadow be possible in the picture on the right?

miamouse: It lets most light in, but very little of the light out. Kind of like a photonic roach motel.

I once peed in the bathroom of a nightclub in Hong Kong that overlooked the city. You’re basically standing right in front of a floor-to-ceiling window a dozen or two floors up, letting loose. It was fun.

I’ve heard of one of these in the UK somewhere; someone on another message board was saying about it.
Apparently there was a queue for it once, then a couple came out to a round of applause!

You could always defeat the one-way glass with the didge used in Arthur C. Clarke’s Childhood’s End (and the short story that section wass based on): Put a bright flashlight right up against the glass. If it’s not a really sunny day out, you should see something.

Why you’d want to is beyond me.

I think if they were forced to use a toilet in which the enclosure seemed transparent from the inside, 70% of people would have their various orifices automatically close up and refuse to function, eveb if told they were invisible from the outside. so I suppose it’s an interesting work of art, from that viewpoint.

There was a bar in Lawrence that had a one way mirror over the bar, so if a guy was standing at the urinal, they’d see the bar patrons while they peed. The place was sold and the new owners removed it.

Part of me thinks it’s cool. But part if me would be too paronoid to use it.

I get it!

I’m thinking I’m not liking having a toilet that close to the plumbing for the sink. But that’s just me.

I think it’s a pretty interesting idea, and I’d use it just for the novelty of it, but one concern:

I don’t see that it has a lot of ventilation. I bet it gets hotter than hell in there on a warm, sunny day. And don’t tell me London doesn’t get those days. :slight_smile: Last time I was there, it was sunny and 80 for a whole week (or seemed like it at the time.)

This is probably the best thread title I’ve ever seen.

Also, do you know how much trouble kids are going to cause by waiting for someone to go inside and then run up, pounding the glass, shouting, “we can see you in there?”

That’s probably the same one. The one in the link is in London, despite claims of it being in Switzerland.

Maybe it’s in the roof. There doesn’t seem to be any pictures from that angle.

Cisco: :slight_smile:

Whoa! We tried to defeat the weight-sensors in the German “City-Toiletten” to save a couple euro cents, and it couldn’t close after one of us hopped in after the other. We stared at it for a couple of minutes, and it still wouldn’t close. So I said “Screw it, it’s just like a urinal,” and I went in, pissed, and then came out. It closed and cleaned then. Damn German engineering :stuck_out_tongue: