Check out this toilet

Check out this toilet.

Are the guys thinking what I’m thinking. . .

What? Something about joining the mile high club at ground level?

Lemme guess, you’re thinking “Hey, I bet if I got really close and looked reeeeeeally hard, I could see a vague, shadowy outline of some chick taking a dump!”

Am I close?

That, or, if you’re just looking for a new way to spruce up the action by yourself.

Yes. But how could we fit that many watermelons into an airplane?

Do remember, however, that one-way glass becomes two-way if it’s illuminated from the other side, so if there’s a light inside this thing, you don’t want to use it at night…

There is no way I could ever use this thing! Gah! I have nightmares about sitting on the toilet and that people can see me! Even if my privacy was guaranteed, I couldn’t get over the illusion!

(BTW, I’m female, in case anyone was wondering…)

Also, if there is not a light inside this thing, you don’t want to use it at night (thinks: ‘Gee it’s dark in here, I hope I’m aiming the right way!’). :slight_smile:

Plus, I’d be tempted to honk every time I drove past it…

That’s the first thing I thought of. I don’t think I could use it. :X

Yeah, or walk by holding your nose and waving your hand in front of your face, even though there might not be anyone inside.

I would have to be pretty darn desperate to use that.

My first thought that there would be two extremes: those who have shy bladders and couldn’t go in there if they wanted to, and those who have exhibitionist streaks and would love to let loose “in plain view.”

My second thought was… “gee that would make a great ‘wanking blind’ for pervs.”

My third thought was… “isn’t that a prison toilet?”

My fourth thought was… “how dark does it have to be outside to defeat the 2-way mirrors?”

Which one of those was your thought??

I read about a restaurant in New York recently that has a similar deal – except you can watch people eating while you’re in the bathroom.

Apparently there’s a hotel in Australia (Brisbane, if I remember right–) that takes it a step further – the Men’s has a trough-style urinal that’s one-way glass, looking out onto the bar area. You pee against the glass and gawk at the other patrons swilling their beer. (Any Aussie Dopers who can elaborate on that? Sounds like a hoot.)

Psshhh…throw a few beers in me and I don’t need any kind of inclosure, illusory or not, to piss in public.

“See if I give a shit.” I’m thinking the construction workers didn’t have a problem using it.

I’m probably thinking what you are thinking. I’m also thinking I wouldn’t want to clean that under any circumstances.

What dipshit designed that thing?

Monica Bonvicini (that’s her on the left). Other creations of hers are Stairway to Hell, Fuckeduptimes, Break it / Fix it (with Sam Durant), Bedtimesquare, Black, and this which doesn’t have a title indicated. That last one is simply a room containing a continuous 75MPH wind.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

She’s the architectural world’s version of a performace artist.