Cheesecake me.

What’s your best cheesecake recipe? I’ve got a powerful hankerin’.

(I don’t need fancy, just good ol’ fashioned chessecake (old joke)).

I have made this one before, and it’s amazing:

Kahlua Chocolate Fantasy Cheesecake

OK. :smiley:

This is a baked cheesecake I made on Friday. It went down very very well.

110 g butter
200 g ginger biscuits (cookies)

450 g cream cheese
110 g soured cream
170 g caster sugar
3 eggs
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
teaspoon vanilla extract

Turn the oven to Gas mark 4/350 F/ 180 C. Half fill a roasting pan with water, and place in the oven.

Put the biscuits into a plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and add to the biscuit pieces. Stir together, and press into the base of a 20 cm cake tin (make sure its not a loose bottomed one). Stick in the fridge to chill/set.

Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and soured cream. Beat the eggs in one by one, then beat in the lemon juice and rind, and vanilla. Pour onto the biscuit base, and place into the roasting tin. Bake for 35 or so minutes, then open the oven door slightly to allow the cheesecake to cool.

What is caster sugar?

To make my favorite cheesecake, you need a Nashville girl named Bettie, & a photographer named Klaw.

Here’s an easy one I have in my recipe box.

This is my favorite.

No-Crust Cheesecake

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 eggs
2/3 cup plus 3Tbsp sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325º. Beat together cream cheese and almond extract until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in 2/3 cup sugar. Bake in oiled 9" pie plate for 50 minutes. Let cake cool for 20 minutes. (Center will sink.) Beat together sour cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar, and vanilla. Spoon topping over first layer and return the cake to the oven for 15 minutes. Cool and chill.

I think its called superfine sugar outside the UK.

Similarly, this one , courteously provided by Mrs. Polekitty from her vast baking archive.

I might suggest cutting the lemon juice in half, as it was perfect for me but I really really like citrus flavors. Lime could work nicely too.

HTH, HAND, EYC!

Dammit, I had entirely different expectations on entry to this thread.

My very favorite.

I’ve posted this a time or two, but here it is again, since you asked:

Dulce de Leche Mousse Cheesecake

Crust

2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 1 package)
1 stick butter, melted

Filling

1 cup Dulce de Leche, separated
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 ½ cups chilled whipping cream
9 ounces white chocolate, chopped or in chips
3 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup Baker’s sugar
For Crust: Combine crushed cookies and butter well. Press mixture into bottom of 10-inch diameter springform pan.

For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups whipping cream to peaks. Set aside in refrigerator.

Bring ½ c cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate and gelatin and stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and ¼ to ½ cups Dulce de Leche in large bowl to blend. Slowly beat white chocolate mixture into cream cheese mixture. Fold whipped cream into white chocolate/cheese mixture. Pour filling into prepared crust. Heat remaining Dulce de Leche in pastry bag or Ziploc bag to melt slightly, and drizzle over cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Dulce de Leche is an Argentine milk caramel. My mom used to make it, but I have found that the Smucker’s brand is just as good and much easier. It’s by the ice cream toppings at my grocery store. It’s really rich, so you might want to start small and taste as you go. Baker’s sugar is important since this cheesecake isn’t cooked. It doesn’t leave a gritty feeling.

Also good in a mocha chip version. I’ll post that too if anyone wants it. Oh, and I hold the copyright to this.

I’m not married yet. I can still flirt, right? :smiley:

I won’t object too strenuously! :wink:

For me, ever since my friend’s car was thusly vandalised, using “cheesecake” as a verb means “to splatter a cheesecake all over someone’s windshield.” Cheesecaking someone’s car is a double crime: not only is it a pain to clean up, it also renders the cheesecake inedible. You don’t want to get cheesecaked.