Cheesiest...Videos...Ever

Pat Benatar’s “Stop Using Sex As A Weapon”

It’s like, somebody discovered collage and they couldn’t get over it.

“Criminal” by Fiona Apple.

You need to shower afterwards.

‘Come On Eileen’. It’s the overalls. Dear god, the overalls.

I agree. What the hell were they thinking?

I thought they all looked like they hadn’t showered in weeks.

I think Kevin Rowland had some weird working class hey-nonny-nonny back-to-our-roots thing going on. (Much like Men Without Hats, although that was more rural in focus.)

Rupert Holmes. The Pina Colada Song.

He air guitars in it. 'Nuff said.

Oh God! I wasn’t even thinking about this one when I started reading the thead, but this video is the only one that has ever made me laugh out loud. It came when all the guitarists were jamming in unison with the necks of their guitars pointing towards the ground, then all of a sudden (again, in unison) point the necks skyward. It was just so ridiculous. I practically died.

But bad as that was, I think Squier’s “Rock Me Tonight” and “Seperate Ways” by Journey take the title. Probably the only place Squier could get booked after that flaming disaster was San Franciso, and Journey looked like a bunch of kids at a high school (no, a junior high) talent show.

I forgot to mention, this video also includes something unique in the annals of music videos: air piano. I kid you not!

I have to admit, former fan that I am, that ANY New Kids on The Block( remember them???)video qualifies.

IDBB

I’d have to agree. The Squier video is tres cheesey!

spooje and dimsie, when Pop-Up-Video did “Come On Eileen,” one pop-up said that the director called the video his “homage to the armpit.” He wasn’t kidding - there is a frightening number of armpit closeups in that video.

Better than the homage to ass in the video version of the musical CATS. I love the musical but the guy who did the camera shots got a nice closeup of somebody’s ass at every possible moment.
Sheesh!:rollseyes:

IDBB

Mamapotomus was dead on with Dio’s “Rainbow in the Dark”. It is absolutely worth the download from Kazaa or whichever piracy affiliate you utilize. I could write a novel lampooning this video, it has to be seen to be believed. Highlights include some strutting, some boots with fur around the rim, and many ill-conceived hand/arm signals.

Also, be sure to get Dio’s “Holy Diver”, where Ronnie James Dio is walking around with a big sword in quasi-medieval times. The “tough-guy” look on his face is priceless, especially in light of the fact that he’s like 5’2".

I don’t know if it was cheesy, but “Peace Sells” by Megadeth was a little disturbing with the closeups on Dave Mustaine’s mouth.