Chorionic Villus Sampling

We had this test done on both of our kids:“Chorionic Villus Sampling, a procedure used in testing for the presence of genetic disorders. During the first trimester of pregnancy, tissue from the developing placenta can be obtained, with a needle and ultrasound guidance, through the woman’s abdominal wall or cervix. The placental cells obtained have the same genetic makeup as the developing fetus and can be tested as would fetal cells. This procedure can usually be performed earlier in pregnancy than amniocentesis.” Also gives more information, I think.
It’s only useful if you cinsider abortion. Or, it can help you face a big problem, if defects are found.
Anybody have experience with this? It’s quite efficient at finding problems. Eight years ago it was a bit risky(miscarriage)in the hands of an inexperienced doctor. I never talked to anyone who did find anything wrong with the fetus. People don’t usually blab about their abortions, either.

(this is not a great abortion debate topic, I hope)

I see these problems don’t come up with you young folks. Actually, they don’t recommend these to all women, probably those over 35. One more thing to worry about when you start having kids later in life.