Chris Berman, you're an idiot.

OK, I’ve gotten used to the stupid nicknames you have for every frickin’ player on every frickin’ roster in pro sports. I’ve gotten used to your love of classic rock, and it’s contribution to aforementioned nicknames (i.e. Damion “It Don’t Come” Easley.)

But for the love of all that’s good, take your stupid obsession with Hotel California and stick it where the moon don’t shine. You reference that stupid, piece of crap, overplayed song at least once a week on the NFL Gameday show. An alien culture receiving nothing but transmissions of Gameday would be able to pick apart the entire damn song from the endless snippets of it you toss into your show, so much so that people on planet Galgamek are right now tuning into classic rock stations and going “damn it, not the Eagles again, change it!” Then you have to make it the theme of your entire top 10 plays tonight.

Just stop already. It’s not that fucking clever. Everybody in the whole fucking world has heard that song. My fucking dog could probably sing that song from memory. The point of making clever references in sports commentary to music is that they add variety.

On the other hand, SC anchors, you guys stick with the Tenacious D lyrics. Those guys rock my fucking socks off on a routine basis, they make people like Don Henley and the Eagles seem like that pile of dogshit hiding in the weeds by the woodshed that never gets picked up and starts to turn hard. Tenacious D = trendy and cool. Eagles = lame, overplayed, garbage.

Hotel California? GARBAGE???
Oh, you poor lost soul.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well you know what they say, RexDart, you can check out, but you can never leave!

Fortunately, there’s plenty of room, even for you Rexdart, at the Hotel California.

I’m with you, Rex.

Hotel California is, without a doubt, one of the lamest songs of the rock and roll era. The fact that it’s held up as some sort of icon of meaning and such just shows that songwriters don’t really have to work hard to fool the public.

And I think the same thing about Stairway to Heaven, for that matter.

I think "REXile on Main Street"Dart should just relax!

:slight_smile:

C’mon, RexD’artagnan, even Cecil Adams did a column on the phrase “warm smell of colitas”. It must have some cultural significance, even if it’s not as hip as Tenacious D.

Chris Berman ruins every show on ESPN that he appears on and you only complain about his “Hotel California” obsession? His repeating the same stupid name puns to death made me tune him out ages ago.

Chris(t on a pogo stick may you in hell) Berman.

Oh, you like Tenacious D?

That’s unfortunate… because they suck ASS!!!

They’re clever, talented classical guitarists, and don’t try to please everyone with their songs. In other words, the exact opposite of the played-to-death, unoriginal, boring Eagles.

Which is exactly my source of frustration with Berman. While the other sports guys are making clever references to hip music, Berman just keeps spouting off about possibly the most typical song of a typical band of a typical era full of typical mediocrities. Perhaps I should be glad he isn’t throwing in lines from REO Speedwagon, Bad Company, or Kansas. Christ, the late 70’s sucked.