Christmas Eve Supper Chez Pipers

Onions and bacon have been fried in butter.

Perogies are boiling up.

Cabbage rolls are being heated.

Sour cream at the ready.

Linus and Lucy playing

A glass of Chardonnay.

Merry Christmas, my Doper friends!

Wow, a nice Eve spread. Merry back at you!

ETA I need to try harder, obviously.

Chocolates and chips, tarts and jellies! Oh my!

Merry Christmas!

I showed my granddaughters a pomegranate this evening. They really liked it. It went way better than the legendary coconut experience. I think next time well do star fruit. My Son-of-a-wrek fried catfish and fixin’s. We had a jolly time.

Sounds like a great Christmas Eve Chez Piper.

Here, there is a fire in the fireplace, and the cats are napping in front of it. I’m enjoying a glass of whisky, and some DVDs of old TV shows. All is well, and life is good.

Merry Christmas to all!

I’m now having the traditional Christmas Eve Banana, to try to absorb some of that cholesterol.

Fire in the fireplace is a good thing for Christmas Eve. :slight_smile:

Gawd bless us, every one. :o:confused::smack:

We had stuffed shells.

We had our traditional Christmas Eve family dinner, a feast of takeout barbecue, hush puppies and potato salad. Good times, and no one had to cook.

My mother cooked capon, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, and chestnuts with bacon. I supplied a good red wine. It was all delicious.

That sounds really good, Quartz!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ladies wanted Chicken Parmesan. It turned out really well. The Incomparable Sunflower made brownies for dessert.

Ham steak, rice, rolls, carrots.

It’s quick so we can make it to Christmas Eve service.

Christmas Dinner : we already did the turkey and Christmas pudding thing for our in-house office party a few weeks ago, so we broke with tradition and had ham, corn, potatoes gratinés ( out of a box - sue me) and braised parsnips.

Have to frost the red velvet cake that the Cub requested for dessert.

My brother cooked prime rib last night, along with brussels sprouts, potato casserole, glazed carrots, and sauteed mushrooms. Trifle and chocolate peppermint yule log for dessert.
I did dinner today. Country ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, creamed corn, and sweet & sour red cabbage. I had planned on jam cake for dessert but it fell apart on me so I crumbled it and layered it with chocolate pudding, toasted almonds, and dulce de leche.
We are all very full.

Spaghetti & meatballs
Italian wedding soup
Ham
Cheesy potatoes
Prime rib
Buns
Cole slaw
Crudités
Corn

Dessert was a huge variety of cookies and bars

Rack of lamb smeared with a paste of Dijon mustard, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil
A chunky mash of potato, carrot and cauliflower, baked in a casserole dish

Homemade apple tart for dessert

I had never cooked XMas dinner until last night. Actually, except for the potatoes, I had never cooked (or baked) any of these foods.

Cinnamon-sugar roasted pecans to nibble on
Boneless Turkey Breast with an off-the-cuff glaze (herbs, butter, honey, worcestershire, and a splash of lemon) – turned out moist and golden-brown!
Mashed taters with gravy
Roasted green beans and sweet potatoes (coated with the remaining glaze, with nutmeg and ginger added)
Boxed stuffing
and for dessert, a rum cake with almonds, plums, raisins, and apricots, topped with streusel – that’s going to be my go-to dessert for gifting now.

Now I’m roped into going to the in-laws’ on the opposite coast to do all the cooking for the holidays.

I hereby invite everyone in this thread to our place for a potluck dinner.