Christmas songs no one plays anymore

Is the wonderful Pogues / Kirsty MacColl song Fairytale of NEw York popular at all in the US?

Lo How A Rose E’er Blooming is one I have not heard in a long time. There used to be a radio station check of an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator performing a spoof of The Twelve Days Of Christmas that I have not heard since the 90s.

Yep. And The Irish Tenors did a cover but left out the offensive part :slight_smile:

I haven’t heard Turkey-Lurkey Time in a while.

I totally agree with you.

And to the extent that they were at least tolerable in their suckitude once upon a time, they’ve been overplayed way past the point where toleration was an option.

“Santa’s Beard”-Beach Boys(did they ever play this in the first place?)
“Christmas Time is Here Again”-Beatles
“Thank God It’s Christmas”-Queen
“Merry Xmas Everybody”-Slade(almost unknown in America, ubiquitous in UK and other places)
“Mele Kalikimaka”

Does Christmas Don’t Be Late ever play any more? (In particular, the Chipmunks version?)

Nonono, if you’re going to post this song, you should post THIS version.

Terrible song, amazing dancing. Amazing. How Donna McKechnie’s head doesn’t just fly off, I’ll never know.

We sing in a choir, so we sing lots of Christmas songs and carols. I also really like the Sufjan Stevens Songs for Christmas for mellow folky covers of some old favourites.

I haven’t heard the dogs barking “Jingle Bells” for a while…nor National Lampoon’s “Kung Fu Christmas”.

I like this :smiley: I know the tune but had to look up the lyrics. This must crack the kids up in church.

LeAnn Rimes did it.

Shouldn’t that be “Deepdish, crisp and even”?

“Deep-pan” sounds like “deep and.”

When I was a kid I had “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” and on the flip side, “Here Comes Suzy Snowflake.” I have since heard, on occasion, that hippo song, but I never heard Suzy Snowflake again. Nor, really, expected to.

(But what I really loved about that record was that it was red, and you could see through it! You just don’t get records like that, these days.)

Another thing I didn’t expect, when I was, say, 10, was that 50 years later I would still be hearing “The Chipmunk Song” or in fact see The Chipmunks on a billboard. Nope. Did not see that one coming. But there’s that billboard. It’s been up for a week. ???

Here ya go.

How about Mixed Nuts, Dr. John, or

White Christmas, Bob & Tom, or

It’s Hard to be Jew on Christmas, South Park?

Here’s one I’ll be you haven’t heard, but might like to hear again: It’s Christmas Time.

Do you see what I see. Beautiful song. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Oh, I hope not. I was spared this year, and I wish that boon on all humankind.

Me, too. The real King (Saint) Wenceslas was a good guy. It’s a song about charity towards the poor at Christmastime, of which we don’t have enough.

I forgot to mention my obvious thought on this OP: “Dear Mister Jesus”. Which is a good thing.