Better than mine! I got a whole $3.45.
See my post #90 above.
I got $8.12 for a Yahoo data leak incident. Maybe I should invest it in an EFT that owns shares of firms that engage in class action litigation.
Parlay! ![]()
Kinda like when you go to buy e.g. $10 of Powerball = 5 chances and first you scan you old tickets and find a $4 winner. So you take that $4 and buy 2 more Powerball tickets.
Got my check from Yahoo data breach for $8.12. So woohoo! Free cup of coffee.
Woohoo, I got a whole $5.72!
I just got $4.82 from Facebook!
With these little bitty amounts it would be nice if there was an option for your share to be thrown into a pool and a lottery drawn so one person, or several if the amount was large enough, would get the whole settlement. I think I’d be willing to have one chance in a thousand to get $500 rather than cash a check for $3.50.
Or maybe an option to just forward it to a selection of charities.
It’s one in 1000 to get $500 or a check for $0.50. At least assuming everyone in the class is getting the same payout.
Good idea.
I got an email from PayPal informing me that I would be receiving a payment from the Facebook settlement, but that it would be a while before it was posted to my account. It’s been over a week now, and nothing has shown up yet.
I got a check today from the Facebook privacy settlement for $6.61. I guess that’s $6.61 I wouldn’t have had otherwise.
A gallon of gas with a little left over.
A couple weeks ago, I got a check for the Blue Cross/Blue Shield settlement. Years in the making, I expected the usual pittance. Instead, it was $113 and change, a rare pleasant surprise.
I got an email from the BCBS settlement this morning informing me that while I have a valid claim, my payment falls below the $5 minimum distribution amount. Therefore I will not be getting a payment.
What the hell? I want my two dollars! (Or whatever my payment might have been.)
Just got $66 and change deposited into my Paypal account from a Tuna fish settlement! That was a nice surprise. Looks like I originally filled out the claim in 2024. And seems I have another one from Oracle America coming later this month, though no idea how much that’ll end up being.
Who gets those small payments if they won’t send them to the end parties? Does the company get to just keep them or do they have to bundle them up & give the combined amount to someone, a charity or such?
I’ve gotten two recently, one from the Amazon Prime settlement (my wife got one also) and one from my medical clinic about not securing my data.
My wife is expecting a check from the Anthropic settlement - one of her books were in the set of pirated books they used. She has to share it with the publisher, but it is still not bad.
I have 6 books in the Anthropic settlement. But the publisher and my coauthor will get the bulk of it. Still, should be a decent payment.