Cloning and harvesting of body parts

Not sure if this subject has been discussed in this forum, but I figure I’d try.

As for my opinion, hmmmmmmmm it depends, say for instance…how far in advance they would like to clone a person…(sort of like the abortion thing and full term of a fetus).

Say if they wanted to clone a person just to where they can get a matching heart harvested and not have any other eternal organs come to full term, I think it would be ok…but to clone a human to full term with all its body organs/parts and to only take the heart would be cruel.

Or how about just harvesting just a body part else where on a person instead of using human clones…like if doctors notice a child with a heart defect at birth, wouldn’t it be kewl to like also grow an extra heart somewhere within the child…I know its sounds far fetched and all…but heck I’m bored and have been up for 12 hours…my mind comes up with these stupid ideas when I don’t get any sleep.

Well I for one would like if someone were growing another me in a lab… to one day be let loose, and we can trade days for working… and today would be his day, and I would be back in bed…

I would even let him do the girlfriend every once in a while… as long as she doesn’t ever say "how come you are so much better on sunday than saturday??

ok… I am kidding…
but that is the thing… once cloning is allowed… where does it stop?

It would be a great to be able to replace bad body parts with new ones of the same genetics… but then one day some crazy scientist will make 15 of himself…

not an easy topic… nor do I know enough about it…

No, he’ll be able to make 15 babies. Being a “scientist” isn’t just genetics; it takes years of education and formative experiences. The 15 children won’t grow up to be like the scientist, unless the scientist is somehow able to exactly replicate his own childhood experiences, eliminating all random elements.

Even then, I’m sure a few of the 15 will end more interested in sports than in science.

I’m looking forward to body-part replacement, myself, though cloning is just a grossly more complicated way to get babies, with no improvement and many drawbacks over the conventional method.

I wasn’t saying some random scientist… I meant some random scientist working on cloning people…
I was just creating a plot for a bad movie…

…Government scientist goes crazy…creates 15 clones with his genetics… teaching them all how to take over the world as they grow up… yadda yadaa yadda… you know how it goes…

Just grow headless clones. Then we can have oodles of developing bodies that we can harvest organs from at will, with none of the sticky ethical implications of working with human beings.

A (really) bad movie was made about this subject: Parts: The Clonus Horror. Be sure to watch the MST3K version, though.