Coldfire called me a fucking idiot! I feel so validated!

I’m still trying to work out what the hell Darwin’s Finch did that made him worth being put on an ignore list. Are you going to ignore everyone that disagrees with you? It’s that kind of attitude that made me argue against the presence of the ignore function in the first place.

If we ever had a competition for board drama queen, you’d not only win it, you’d burst in through the famous ass-hitting SD double-doors, fly into an angry rant about someone who had the temerity to raise an eyebrow and collapse into floods of tears. Then you’d give a lip-wobbling speech about how the world is always against you.

Well enjoy your righteous wrath. I’ll be over in the corner having yet another laugh at your expense.

pan

“I hold in my hand a collection of forty-three emails from anonymous posters testifying that Coldfire owns a special edition of the Secret Protocols of the Elders of Zion bound in the skin of dead Holocaust victims!”

Wow, I’d almost forgotten about that particular car wreck.

Nah, it’s just a habit. Like nose-picking.

and

May Godwin have mercy on our souls.

On a completely random side note, while living in Atlanta, I now find myself working with 3 people from the Netherlands. I think this might be the beginning of some nefarious Coldfire related plot to take over our country.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Jeees does everyone have to be so hateful?

DONT MAKE ME PULL OVER!

Awww no fair kellibelli. She started it :wink:

Ah yes, I’d forgotten how amusing Opal’s last little anti-Coldie diatribe was. All because of the eeeeevil, pernicious, vitriolic “Switch to decaf” comment.

For someone who allows no attacks on fellow members on her own message board, she’s certainly not reluctant to do so on this one.

pan

Don’t MAKE Coldfire come over here and whack you with that 1,000 foot object!

That was pathetic, what she implied.
i hadn’t read the thread myself, not being able to afford anything leather.

However, today I am going to go out and have a hamburger in Opal’s honor.

I did, too. I never before noticed OpalCat being a jerk like she was in the thread mentioned. I guess of her 4600+ posts, most are polite and well-mannered, which is why I never noticed this side of her before.

Well, here’s the thing about the boards. You just never know. There are a number of long-term posters here who have their enemies and detractors. Some of the posters who seem to be the most-liked are reviled as blowhards by other people. Others have a reputation of doing spectacular meltdowns with little warning, so other posters avoid them like the plague. Others seem nice but every once in awhile they slip up and reveal that they are fucking nutjobs. Or morons. BUT, because we’re the decent sort, we don’t talk about it. We just stay in our own corners and live and let live. Longevity will get any of us a high post count and perhaps a role in some inside jokes, but it doesn’t mean any of us has a good character.

Just keep that in mind. I’m not talking about any one situation or poster; it’s just a good general rule. In fact, dozens of people right now are staring at their screens wishing that fucking hag Cranky would shut her stupid sanctimonious pie hole for once.

everybody loves you, Cranky!

Are you making pie?

Make mine humble.

Gosh, I read that other thread until it was closed, hoping that Opalcat would come to her good senses and apologize for the breathtakingly stupid analogy she made.

Then she opened this thread.

I dunno; I’ve always liked Opalcat and still do. I just hope she will realize how offensive her posts appear to others. Comparing the Holocaust to leather-bound books… wow.

I certainly think she owes Coldfire one bigass apology. Trivializing the Holocaust to people whose families suffered in the Nazi occupation of Europe is intensely boneheaded.

Just a brief gloss on Cranky’s post:
A: I don’t care what anyone says, I still loves ya!
B: The SDMB s a fun place to chat and exchange ideas. Looking to it for emotional validation is a foolish quest. Sure, I’ve met a lot of Dopers who I like immensely, but my time and energy go to the people IRL. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, a cyber relationship deepens, as in the case of Ginger and WeirdDave, but you’re better off not getting too emotionally vested in words on a screen.

Unless, of course, they’re my words on the screen.

OpalCat, not that it’ll matter much, but in my opinion apologizing to Coldfire would be the appropriate gesture.

OpalCat – okay, don’t go buying those leather-bound books, take off the dustcovers, whatever you want to do. Just don’t go using aspects of the Holocaust in analogies like that.

I’m saddened by this whole business. Definitely surprised.

Surprised? By the OP? Newsflash! The Sun rises in the East!!!

Opal, don’t you think it better that the book makers used the leather rather than tossing it out after the BIG FAT JUICY STEAKS were eaten? I mean, it’s sort of like bovine organ donation!

Shameful analogy. You were out of line.

How about Mel Brooks? Is he out of line or is he funny?