Come see Bottomless Bob, Nature's cruelest trick

[Louie Anderson]
No, not all you can eat.

You go home; you been here four hour.
[/Louie Anderson]
Probably his best stand-up routine.

This guy makes me proud to be an American. I bet he’d also be a fun guy to have a beer or several gallons of beer with.

He hasn’t factored in the jet lag affect so IMHO that would make in the underdog.

Not Louie Anderson, a different guy, even bigger. What movie was he in … But he was the guy that got robbed in the last episode of Seinfeld.

This is the guy, John Pinette.

As per the guy in the OP, just remember what happened to that other guy in the beef-eating contest … coronary city!
beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeee…

When Jinxie said that, I remembered it was John Pinette. I guess I confused one 300+lb comedian with another.

Yeah they all look alike dont they? :slight_smile:

What can I say? I was a 16 year old TV freak. And would watch the Comedy when it first came out like a hawk. And then after it’s subsequent merger with Ha, the HBO version. And back then it was all stand-up all the time. And eventually this guy came on. Who, IMHO, is way funnier then Louie Anderson. Although I had no idea what his name was, only that he was in Seinfeld.

p.s. I’ve won a few food eating contests in my life. 1st was a cherry pie, which I had won, then they said, umm, no eat more. And I couldn’t get the damn bottom of the pie crust off the pan and instead only took second place, which actually worked out really well. 1st place was dinner for 2 at a Hawaiian restaurant, which I don’t like. And 2nd place turned out to be this beautiful $50 Hawaiian history book about life in the Isles in the early 20th century.

The second one was a watermelon eating contest in which I scarfed a whole watermelon, seeds and all, in about 1 minute. It was good size two, about the size of my head. The trick was don’t chew and don’t spit out the seeds. Just scrape the rind with your teeth till you have a full mouth and then swallow. It’ll come back up later, but it only has to stay down till you win. TMI right? I managed to beat out several big Marine dudes, and I was only 15. Oh, and get this! My prize?? A basket of fruit!!! I couldn’t even touch it, ugh!

There was a third one but I can’t recall what it was. Although I did manage to eat 71 shrimp at Sizzlers but that’s not so tough. Ah those were the days. When I could eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound. I remember one thanksgiving when I was in wrestling I pigged out and actually lost weight, lol. Not anymore. 6’5" and 240lb. sigh.

The Sea Captains pitch was “See Bottomless PETE”. Not Bob, not Homer. Pete.

Oh why do all the “freak” stories have to come from Florida? We aren’t all freaks down here!

Thanks, AW, actually Bottomless Bob referred to the guy who just won the eating contest, so was simply an allusion to the show. I thought it was Bottomless Pete in the show, which sounds better than Bottomless Homer, but wasn’t sure. That’s why the slight disclaimer when I clarifed for Eve, “…or somesuch.” I knew some Doper would be along any minute to point out errors.
We take our Simpsons quite seriously on this Board. While we’re at it, which is the correct spelling of Mr. Hutch’s name?

And PS to Jinxie: perhaps I haven’t paid enough attention to your posts, but from your UserName, never would I have guessed you to be a 6’5" 240lb man. Wow. I am in the market for a good tightend for my SDMB Fantasy Football team…

ShibbOleth, the lawyer character is Lionel Hutz. Since he was voiced by Phil Hartman, we probably won’t see him again.

(Incidentally, assuming you watch Futurama, did you know that Fry’s first name is “Philip” in honor of Phil Hartman? And Phil would have played Zapp Brannigan’s voice if he hadn’t died.)

Also, the sea captain character is not “Pegleg Pete” but Captain McCallister. I am especially sure of this because I bought the action figure yesterday.

The Captain McCallister action figure? Yarrrrr!

FWIW, I have a 1990 Bart action figure that came in a Burger King kid’s meal that I keep on my desk at work. He is modelled in the mode of the “early” Bart. Wonder if this is worth something?

Yeah, I was feeling a little bothered by that myself, pez. But then, I figured, I’m weird enough on my own, but at least I’m not THAT weird…

This kid is unbelievable! He won the Nathan’s contest at least 2 years in a row. He’s a skinny little kid - looks like a real nerd. All the other guys in the Nathan’s contest look like this Bob Middleton. But this kid just keeps eating and eating - I don’t know where it went. He actually ate a couple hot dogs after the contest!!