Comic book moments which, sadly, you will never see... (possible spoilage)

Simpsons did it. :smiley:

Is that out in TPB?

Jean Grey gets a Brasilian bikini wax.

I’d have liked to see the idea Alan Moore allegedly proposed for a comic, which eventually wound up being done without Moore as Kingdom Come. I liked KC, I thought it was pretty cool. But everythings better with more Moore.

It’d have been cool to see his Watchmen done with mainstream DC heroes, which I understand was his original plan.

And which ASSPD sufferer nixed those ideas?

The suits at DC, of course. Supervillains, the lot of them. How do you think John Byrne keeps getting work?

Watchmen wasn’t supposed to be done with mainstream DC characters, but with Charleton characters that were absorbed into DC continuity with the Crisis.

Dr. Manhatten was Captain Atom, Night Owl was Blue Beetle, Rorschach was The Question. Uh…anyone know who the other characters were supposed to be?

Comedian was Peacemaker, and Ozymandais was Thunderbolt. Silk Spectre apparently wasn’t anyone in particular.

Watchmen at Toonipedia.

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe was a TPB released in '95, now long out of print I’m sure. I don’t know if there is a good internet source to search for such things. A text summary hardly does it justice, but if you are interested there is one here.

You mean Twilight of the Superheroes?

Ranchoth
(Tarzan, Batman, and The Shadow…sounds like an SNL sketch, doesn’t it?)

Just as an aside, the friend who got me into comic books/graphic novels in a big way always and invariably refers to Alan More as “Alan Moore, may he live and write forever, author of The Watchmen, may it always be in print.”

And I mean every single time he mentions Moore’s name. It’s something on the order of a devout Muslim saying “Mohammed, peace be upon him”.

This makes me feel warm inside.

Praise be to the Holy Trinity: Moore, Miller, and Gaiman. And praise be to Timm, may his his inkwell runeth over.
Ranchoth
(Blessed be the inkers?)

You’re going to scrub your brain? I was planning to dwell on the thought for awhile.

Along that line, we may never see an instance where Oliver Queen turns down an opportunity to score with any girl who might let him. I love him, but he’s a dog. A bad, bad dog.

I wanted to see the Midnighter’s and Apollo’s wedding in The Authority, but thanks to a bunch of dumb fucks who decided to end the first run in such a piece of shit way, all we get is a two page gloss over with nothing special. The Authority was one of my favorite comics, and the last issue of the first volume was such a HUGE dissappointment. I don’t like the new run.

I’ve always wanted to see telekenetics in the Marvel universe do something useful. For the most part, all they do in a battle is block laser blasts with force fields and hit people with tk blasts, but whatever happened to the ability to, oh, I don’t know…break someone’s legs at a thought, or snap a guys neck, or pull a couple of arteries out of one’s heart. So many ways to actually bring down a huge opponent, but the majority of the time, they just end up having a strong opponent walk up and smack them around. I’ve only seen Jean do one really cool thing (made a bunch of U-Men vomit in their costumes then eat it again), but outside of that, they seem to be friggin’ useless.

What I really want, what I really, really want is for when Wolverine finally finds out the “truth” of his origins, someone to show up and say “Actually, that’s how Jim over there came about, your origin is still a mystery…” Origins was the dumbest fucking thing that ever happened in Marvel (and they’ve done a lot of stupid shit).