Community 3/17

New episode tonight.

And … great news, Community has been picked up for a third season.

Danny Pudi and Alison Brie were guest hosts on Attack of the Show yesterday. It was weird (but fun) seeing them out of character–especially Pudi.

Woot! I am so glad to hear that!

Yay! Another season of one of the funniest shows ever!

I suspect that the enthusiasm and devotion of the viewers makes up for the lack of great ratings. I hope the same will be true of Fringe on Fox.

Community is kind of the new Arrested Development. I think it might actually be better. It has the same wit, but it also has a warm heart at the center, which is kind of odd since it’s so arch and meta in so many ways, you wouldn’t thnk they could work in genuine sentiment, but they do.

BTW, Community fans might like this. Stay with it.

Another fine episode.

Except I like Community. The absence of David Cross might have something to do with it.
That and Annie’s boobs.

Awesome, I kinda resigned myself to the fact this was going to be the last season. Good to hear I was wrong.

It has some of the same writers.

WTF Community! I literally just got Catfish from Netflix yesterday!

Funny as hell episode though.

“It’s all down hill from here” made me love this show all the more!

Woohoo! That made my night.

Good episode tonight. I was wondering if they had changed the actors playing Shirley’s sons when the punchline landed. The Britta-Troy-Abed storyline was much stronger than the Jeff-Chang-Shirley storyline though. It does seem like this season has been bringing father issues into the forefront quite a bit.

Jeff likes nipple play? Hot.

For some reason, this episode didn’t do much for me. It’s possible that I’m just anticipating next week’s ep SO MUCH that anything else was a let down?

Loved Chang’s line, “I was looking forward to the pitter patter of little Chinese feet running across tree tops.”

Brie has been on before as a cohost. It was weird the stuff Kevin got her to do.

I thought it was good until the Chang ratting Jeff. The kids would clearly tell the officers Jeff did not kidnap them and was taking them home. I know, overthinking, but the thought borrowed into my brain and built a house when it happened.

Girls are so un-desensitized!

Also, next week is the Pulp Fiction episode!

I loved the tag at the end. They really haven’t cracked open their anthropology books at all this semester. They’ve evolved from being a study group to being… friends!

I didn’t think it was incredibly hilarious, but I got a few chuckles out of it.

I guess that’s possible, but I have to admit that I didn’t like it that much, either. And there seems to be a dearth of people talking about it.

Anyways, I think there was too much story, and not enough funny one liners. Throw in Britta being a caricature of herself, and it really just didn’t work for me.

Also, I know what they were going for with Jeff and Shirley’s willingness to get Chang thrown in jail, but I still find it inconsistent. I could see her getting charges pressed on Chang since he really did kidnap the boys. I can see them both going to absurd lengths to get Chang out of their lives. I can’t get both of them foregoing their morals–Jeff the ones he’s grew into, and Shirley the ones she’s always had. It seems odd for an ancillary character to be the moral center.

But I could have taken all of it that if they’d made it funnier. Britta, Troy, and Abed needed more references and Jeff, Shirley, and Chang needed more silliness.

has britta ever not been a caricature of herself?

I think even in the first episode she was a caricature of herself.