Compare and contrast, Caribbean islands...

To put it in “real world terms”.

Burger King here has a 10 USD burger, a Whopper will set you back a little under 5 USD. A footlong sub at Subway is around 10 USD, a large pizza at local or foreign places is around 20 USD.

Meh, none of them are places I go even in the states. OTOH, please tell me they have cheaper or at least comparably priced local restaurants (that won’t give me two weeks of the runs). :slight_smile:

I’m currently living in a place which is more expensive than where I used to live, so prices are a shock, even for produce.

I do like the supermarket, it looks like what I’m expected/accustomed to see and eat. And it was actually something I wanted to make sure they had. :slight_smile:

I have heard about the crime rate (although I grew up in a place with high crime rate). Thanks for letting me know that the areas I will most likely be living (for the moment) are relatively safe, especially since I won’t have a car.

Brain cramp. Out of curiousity, I looked at the Hi Lo adertising circular and almost blew a gasket - $8 for a box of Kraft mac-n-cheese?!?! Then I remembered, those are T&T dollars, do the conversion. $1.25 usd per box. Whew, still about twice what I pay but, dayum, it sounds cheap compared to $8!