Confession in the Blind Faith murder

In 1984 Robert Marshall hired killers to murder his wife the murder occurred at a rest stop on the Garden State Parkway.

The murder and trial became a big news story in New Jersey. It led to a best selling book by Joe McGinnis. That then led to a TV movie starring Robert Urich as Marshall, Joanna Kerns as his wife and a pre-Rosanne Johnny Galecki as one of their sons.

In real life Marshall was convicted and sentenced to death. His sentence was later reduced to life imprisonment. It was never thought that he pulled the trigger himself. Larry Thompson was charged with the killing and was later found not guilty due to alibi witnesses.

It was just announced that Larry Thompson has confessed to being the trigger man. The alibi witnesses were lying. Of course he can not be tried again because of double jeopardy. However he is currently in prison in Louisiana and will die in prison.

I figured some might be interested because of the book or movie.

Article: 30 years later, a confession to the 'Blind Faith' murder of Maria Marshall - nj.com

A bit of trivia: Joanna Kerns played the mother of Roby Marshall. She introduced him to her tv daughter Tracey Gold. Gold and Marshall have been married for 20 years.

Translation of that last part, for those who found it as incomprehensible as I:

Joanna Kerns and Tracey Gold played a mother and daughter, respectively, in Growing Pains, a TV series. Kerns met Roby Marshall when he was consulting on the Blind Faith TV movie, and introduced him to Gold.

What about the alibi witnesses? Are they still alive? If so, will they be prosecued?

But the OP says Roby Marshall was sentenced to life imprisonment. How’d he manage to consult on a movie and get married?

I was wondering the same thing.

Roby Marshall is the son of Robert Marshall. It was his father who was sentenced to life in prison.

Hmm … while they might get off a criminal charge due to standard of proof being beyond reasonable doubt, they could also be sued at the standard of balance of probabilities ?

Victims , or their families, of Thomson could sue the people who gave false alibis ?